King Kashue is a nice guy!

BEAD

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

For the life of me, I can't recall what show (20/20 or Dateline) did a story on folks that are big martini drinkers (vodka/gin snobs some would call them). Folks were dropping names like Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire. In blind taste tests most could not tell the "good" stuff from the cheap stuff. It was hilarious watching Mr. Uppity Man when he was told that what he thought was Grey Goose was some no-name cheap booze.

I saw that. When they did a blind taste test they picked GORDONS ans the best tasting brand, lol:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

*refers to KK's post about how having no taste in Vodka is an American thing*

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bottle this morning?

Calm down. Enjoy your flavored vodka, you cultured person, you. There's no need to get so defensive about alcohol. I'll stick with gin and bourbon, and leave the intricacies of vodka tasting to other Americans, like you.

• Members

Originally posted by BigPigPeaches

Calm down. Enjoy your flavored vodka, you cultured person, you. There's no need to get so defensive about alcohol. I'll stick with gin and bourbon, and leave the intricacies of vodka tasting to other Americans, like you.

Dude...he isn't being angry or emotional or anything...Maybe you need to calm down? :confused:

• Members

Huh? :confused:

I'm completely lost on how you could have interprited that out of my simply referring to KK's post. I was just being lazy and referred to it rather than type it in all over again ;)

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Huh?
:confused:

I'm completely lost on how you could have interprited that out of my simply referring to KK's post. I was just being lazy and referred to it rather than type it in all over again
;)

Sorry...apologies all around. Not having the best of weeks. I'll try to keep it down.:(

• Members

No flavor, such as vodka, everclear, and Coors Lite.

That Coors Lite line almost made me spray coffee all over the monitor :D

Here's an interesting article on martinis from The Straight Dope.

As for myself, my favorite drink recipie is as follows:

- pour 3 ounces of Maker's Mark in a short tumbler

8378671_c06a033f44_o.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Yools

As for myself, my favorite drink recipie is as follows:

- pour 3 ounces of Maker's Mark in a short tumbler

8378671_c06a033f44_o.jpg

inscribes Yools in the Secret Book of Forumites With Excellent Taste

In other news, someone (friend? hard to remember the source) told me a year ago that a couple of guys ran their own taste test with Grey Goose and some awful bottom-shelfer like Rasputin.

It went in stages, such that they kept running the Rasputin through a Brita filter and tasting the results. Wash, rinse, repeat.

After 5 or 6 filtrations, they decided they liked the (much cheaper) Rasputin better than the Grey Goose. :D

Edit: I've been meaning to get around to trying it...

Archived