Mega Merged Thread: Fall Out Boy

Thunderbroom

• Members

This is coming from a fan...my daughter.

She and her friend were going to see them recently but failed to get tickets. My daughter is now saying she'd so glad she saved her money. She and I are watching SNL, and they've performed two songs. The sound was horrible, and they just sounded like crap (and I agree with my daughter's use of the word "crap" to describe their performance).

She owns their CD and loves it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by rikshaw

they are pretty good for bubblegum pop but they really looked like {censored} tonight. is that "chaos" stage show really appealing to anyone?

Do you mean where everyone in the band is going nuts on stage? If so, then I think that's really cool if the music is still spot on, and not annoying like Fall Out Boy.

• Members

Originally posted by rikshaw

yes. it looks really stupid to me

Haha, okay then. What sort of stage stuff do you like? I'm just curious more than anything, I've never really heard anyone's opinion on that kind of stuff in regards to rock bands.

• Members

Yeah, I'm not impressed. Their songs are okay, but that performance really stunk.

Even if I (you) don't like the band's music, if they perform spot-on with the recording or make it better, it's hard to say that they're horrible...at least they're good at what they do. Fallout Boy is a bunch of studio queens.

Dustin

• Members

Originally posted by i_wanna_les_paul

Yeah, I'm not impressed. Their songs are okay, but that performance really stunk.

Even if I (you) don't like the band's music, if they perform spot-on with the recording or make it better, it's hard to say that they're horrible...at least they're good at what they do. Fallout Boy is a bunch of studio queens.

Dustin

That's what I mean by {censored}ty pop band! GOOD pop bands have great stage performances. There's good pop bands out there whose music I don't necessarily care for, but at least they're playing music that pleases them and playing it well.

• Members

It appeared to me that they were rather uncomfortable without all of the compression and reverb that's on their studio recordings. Really, they suck, but they're catchy, unfortunately. That way, it's not only {censored}, but it's stuck in your mind endlessly, too! What's not to like?;)

• Members

Originally posted by More Cowbell

That song "Dance, Dance"....it really gets me going! I love it so much!

Can anyone recommend a CD of theirs I should get? The store opens at 10 tomorrow, so quick responses would be nice!

Thanx!
:wave:

Hopefully you are not serious.

If so, you should be cockpunched.

;):D

Archived