Big Love

Thunderbroom

• Members

My wife & I have watched it so far, but it's reaaly quite far fetched. Bill's PARENTS live the real Mormon lifestyle. As far as the 3 families living big, nice houses like that, and the wives telling him what they want him to do, etc.. it just DOESN'T HAPPEN like that. It's almost as if the show is an ad for polygamy or something. welcome to the NEW age of Mormon... :rolleyes: No more living in ratty old farms, women no longer treated like servants, wear whatever kinds of clothes you want, etc... I know once or twice an episode, someone says a prayer, but they (the main family) really don't live a very religious lifestyle, and that's kind of the point of being a mormon/polygamist. Their bible (book of Mormon) tells them that this is how they're SUPPOSED to live.

• Members

Originally posted by spinedriver

My wife & I have watched it so far, but it's reaaly quite far fetched. Bill's PARENTS live the real Mormon lifestyle. As far as the 3 families living big, nice houses like that, and the wives telling him what they want him to do, etc.. it just DOESN'T HAPPEN like that. It's almost as if the show is an ad for polygamy or something. welcome to the NEW age of Mormon...
:rolleyes:
No more living in ratty old farms, women no longer treated like servants, wear whatever kinds of clothes you want, etc... I know once or twice an episode, someone says a prayer, but they (the main family) really don't live a very religious lifestyle, and that's kind of the point of being a mormon/polygamist. Their bible (book of Mormon) tells them that this is how they're SUPPOSED to live.

I agree with your entire post though I still like the show. Since I know very little about polygamy, I find the show interesting. The show does make me wonder if there are folks similar to Bill in the show that do live polygamist's lives yet try to be somewhat mainstream also.

• Members

Mrs."NV" & I love the Sopranos, so we started watching Big love since it came on after. We like it. We only watched a few minutes of last nights show and taped the rest. We were both horny as hell and had to have "Booty time".;)

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

I agree with your entire post though I still like the show. Since I know very little about polygamy, I find the show interesting. The show does make me wonder if there are folks similar to Bill in the show that do live polygamist's lives yet try to be somewhat mainstream also.

I must happen like that. If it were one big pain in the ass...why would anyone do it??

Archived