Blog Entry # 1,692: I'm Gonna Die.......

T-40

• Members
Originally posted by T-40

Lots of good advice, encouragement and a little reverse psychology going on in here. Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I'm gonna take a bit and digest everything here. (No pun intended) and decide what direction I need to go to really start changing things.

First thing I'm gonna have to adjust is my attitude I think.

We need to see your post count rate drop rapidly :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Ace Of Bass

Keep the pasta & potatoes. Use the cheese sparingly.

Eat complex carbs at the beginning of the day (Pasta, potatoes), simple carbs when excersizing, and protein at the end of the day.

Originally posted by rikshaw

that seems backwards to me

:confused:

I agree with rikshaw.

• Members

Have you ever actually drank one of those?
:eek:

I drink those regularly. Often 2 or 3 20oz bottles a day.
I actually cant stand regular "non-diet" sodas. Far to sugary sweet.

Water, sugar free iced tea (with the pink stuff), diet Mt Dew, Diet Coke, in that order.

• Members

Yeah... I drink a lot of Mt. Dew as well. I've cut back from a 6 pack or better a day down to about two a day on average...

Bingo. That's it there. One a day could do this to you.

You have to stop drinking them now. Drink water, tea and orange juice. Period. And start walking.

I was a Diet Coke junkie and quit drinking them four years ago. I can't stress enough how much positive impact this one thing will have.

Thoughts to you.

• Members

Originally posted by Tim in WV

Some perspective might help.

I was diagosed with brain cancer and had surgery on March 10th, 37 days in the hospital. I have a grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma, malignant, and even with the best of care I might make it another 5 years. It's possible I can beat it but not likely.

I'd give anything just to be overweight again.

Do a bit of thinking.

My thoughts and prayers definitely go out to you. If you ever get to SoCal, dinner is on me.

• Members
Originally posted by Tim in WV

Some perspective might help.

I was diagosed with brain cancer and had surgery on March 10th, 37 days in the hospital. I have a grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma, malignant, and even with the best of care I might make it another 5 years. It's possible I can beat it but not likely.

I'd give anything just to be overweight again.

Aw man, I completely skipped right over this. Sorry to hear about this. Are there any research studies or anything happening that you can get involved with? :(

• Members

Originally posted by s4001

Bingo. That's it there. One a day could do this to you.

You have to stop drinking them now. Drink water, tea and orange juice. Period. And start walking.

Yep. I'd even cut out the OJ since it has a pretty high amount of sugar. I used to down a ton of coffee and now I only drink water and green tea. It's not all that intentional, it's just the flow that I fell into. Green tea has a bit of caffeen, but nowhere near what Mt. Dew or coffee has, just enough to perk me up in the afternoon.

• Members

Dude i read your post and that really hurts to hear of such sad stories.. i really mean it. Go for walks, please for yourself just walk and walk and walk, be it before or / and after your work go for a nice long walk.. enjoy the scenary enjoy life.. you live once dont end it prematurely because of circumstances you could have avoided!

You CAN do it trust me.:)

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Green tea has a bit of caffine

What does Green Tea taste like? I hate regular tea and I haven't found any of the flavored teas I like either. Is it different or does it just taste like tea with something else added to it?

• Members

What does Green Tea taste like? I hate regular tea and I haven't found any of the flavored teas I like either. Is it different or does it just taste like tea with something else added to it?

Green tea is another type of tea. It isn't black tea. It isn't herbal tea (which doesn't usually contain tea and is sort of an oxymoron.)

Tea is cheap. Take the plunge.
:thu:

• Members

Oh, and I can't emphasize walking enough.

The only proven, healthy way to lose fat is to burn more calories than you take in.

Keep telling yourself that, stay focused, and just do a little bit of exercise each day. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

My $.02.

• Members

Originally posted by bbl

The only proven, healthy way to lose fat is to burn more calories than you take in.

This I know... The question is, how do I burn them off while I'm holding a sandwich while on the treadmill???

• Members

Not too good at first, it's kind of an aquired taste if you don't like tea. It's actually not bad, it has a pretty light flavor and it's loaded with all kinds of stuff that's really good for you. If you let it steep too long though, it tastes kind of like black tea -- pretty nasty.

• Members

This I know... The question is, how do I burn them off while I'm holding a sandwich while on the treadmill???

You mean, how do you burn them off when I'm holding the carrots while on the treadmill? :p

One thing that I've always found is that I don't get hungry while I'm exercising so, the more I exercise, the less I eat. My prob in the past though was that, I'd go pretty hard and I'd get pretty hungry about an hour after exercise. Then, I'd scarf a few sandwiches really quickly and get too full. Eating something and letting it settle has been gold lately, especially as the doc says that I can no longer exercise as hard. Walking...what fun. I have been using the time on the treadmill to get a lot of reading done though so that's a positive.

Archived