Band Rehearsal: PVC EUB

Thunderbroom

• Members

Late yesterday afternoon, I received the new and improved pickup for my PVC EUB from thebeatcatcher.

I eagerly installed it and then figured out how to play a song on it. I was encouraged when my wife came downstairs and said it sounded really good and she was amazed that I was playing it already.

I decided to take it to rehearsal today to try out with the country band on a song or two.

They LOVED it!

Both the sound and the look of it got thumbs up from everyone. I admittedly had trouble wrestling it, but with practice, I think I can tame it in at least a basic fashion. They're encouraging me to gig with it.

My thanks again to thebeatcatcher.

Great Job!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by bottomfeeder

did you get a chance to post some sound clips of it yet?

No. I just got the pickup yesterday.

Since I don't really know how to play it (the songs I played with the band were simple 3 and 4 note songs), I'm not sure what good sound clips would do.

:confused:

If you want to hear it, click here.

It's thebeatcatcher's MySpace site.

• Members

The lead guitarist (from my country band) and I are planning to run sound for my rock band on Saturday. I'm only going to play a few tunes as the drummer's wife is now playing bass primarily.

I'm thinking about whipping this thing out for a song on Saturday night!

:)

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

I decided to take it to rehearsal today to try out with the country band on a song or two.

They LOVED it!

Both the sound and the look of it got thumbs up from everyone. I admittedly had trouble wrestling it, but with practice, I think I can tame it in at least a basic fashion. They're encouraging me to gig with it.

My thanks again to thebeatcatcher.

Great Job!

:thu:

excellent! :thu:

Archived