Converge's "Hell to Pay" tone

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by mounds

Temporary Residence records has a lot of phenomenal bands-- I just saw Mono play last thursday w/Pelican. Amazing.

I've been listening to a mono album quite a bit lately... that and polvo's "Today's Active Lifestyles" specifically the songs "My Kimono" and "Stinger (five wings)"

• Members

Originally posted by Droplaw621

This is what kind of thread I have been waiting on happening since I joined HC. I love Converge. Pelican Friday night.

there are a couple of us out there with this kind of taste... I've been starting threads about obscure-ish bands hoping to flesh some people out... I was talking about Craw a while ago

• Members

Originally posted by megadan

Hurray for obscure bands.

I still haven't found any one who listens to North of America, who are probably one of the best bands ever.

I'm on SLSK checkin them out right now... I think my favorite band that nobody seems to know about is Rumah Sakit, I think I mentioned them in this thread already, but I'm not sure... I have been trying to bring them up when ever possible because they really are THAT good... That is the only show I've been to besides the Red Sparrowes that left me standing there dumbstruck, only this was a lot more so than the Sparrowes for sure...

I started a thread on thier bass tone too actually, heh, and there was like one other guy who knew them...

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

I'm on SLSK checkin them out right now... I think my favorite band that nobody seems to know about is Rumah Sakit, I think I mentioned them in this thread already, but I'm not sure... I have been trying to bring them up when ever possible because they really are THAT good... That is the only show I've been to besides the Red Sparrowes that left me standing there dumbstruck, only this was a lot more so than the Sparrowes for sure...

I started a thread on thier bass tone too actually, heh, and there was like one other guy who knew them...

I'ma check those guys out too :thu:

• Members

I think my favorite band that nobody seems to know about is Rumah Sakit

I've got their S/T; I like it.

A band that I've been really into lately is Rosetta. They're phenomenal. -- they'll be in abq this summer. another band is Mouth of the Architect-- they're on the same label as Mare -- Translation Loss

• Members

Originally posted by sixthsense

Justin, when the hell are we ever going to jam? All those bands in this thread are great. Have you guys listened to Hella yet? They're pretty good...they reminded me a lot of Rumah Sakit, too.

edit: here's a video.

I love this song:

Dude, I don't think we can jam anymore... I'm a senior member here now and I'm pretty sure there are rules against that... haha, give me a call again man, one of these days I'll be able to call you back or heaven forbid, even pick up the phone... they've been doing a great job about giving me as few hours as possible meanwhile completely tying down my home life...

I don't know if you saw the strat thread, but I say we jam when that comes in for sure... I know my ass is gonna be parked in front of the Bandmaster for sure

by the way, isn't Hella members of Marilyn Manson?

• Members

Originally posted by mounds

I've got their S/T; I like it.

A band that I've been really into lately is Rosetta. They're phenomenal. -- they'll be in abq this summer. another band is Mouth of the Architect-- they're on the same label as Mare -- Translation Loss

Oh my god... Mare! wow... I remember thier little 4 song demo thing, have they put out a full length yet? I haven't heard about them in a long time... I've heard of Mouth of the Architect, and meant to check them out but never did... You ever heard of the Heuristics? or Engineer? I'm trying to get some more of thier stuff... its hard to find tho, even on SLSK

we need to start up a HC clique or something... heh, I'm glad I found some people who know thier {censored}... I used to post on Lambgoat all the time, but it all started going downhill and all they wanted to do is talk {censored} and play around instead of talk about music, so I got sick of it and went there less and less

• Members

what is your sig from?

My sig is from my favourite Porcupine Tree song "Trains".

Check them out. "In Absentia" is in my top albums of all time list. Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree produced Deliverance, and also Damnation by Opeth.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by sixthsense

Have you guys listened to Hella yet? They're pretty good

I saw them open for Les Claypool in NYC in October '05. I was blown away by their drummer though. I was at the front of the stage and the drums were set up close to the edge of it because of Les' backline so I could see pretty much everything he was doing. He did double bass blasts with one foot faster than most can try to pull off with two.

• Members

Originally posted by AntiStuff

Haha, Hella. I've never really got into them. I like Melt Banana better.

And on the topic of noisecore, I'm gonna go see Lighting Bolt at the end of the month.
:D

The Lighting Bolt DVD is wicked awesome.

If you like Melt Banana, check out Polysics - it's like if Melt Bannana were an indie pop band.... but still fast and high pitched.

Archived