What's my 72' Fender American P bass worth?

Bobkat

• Members

Ok, here's the deal. I've got a near mint 1972 American Fender Precision bass all original equipment and case that a friend's doctor really wants to buy from me. I haven't wanted to sell but I see this as an opportunity to get a couple guitars out of this. i.e Gibson:) Can anybody on here give me somewhat of a idea of what this is worth or what i should ask for it? I saw one exactly the same in worse condition at guitar center with a price of $2800. Personally I'd like to get $4k but let please tell me if this is realistic. Any input appreciated. Thanks, Bobby

• Members

Split the difference. Ask $3,500, and go to $3,000 if you're willing to let it go at that price. I wouldn't sell for less than $3,000.

Pertinent question: How does it sound? There are a lot of Fenders out there that are in mint condition because they sound like warmed-over {censored}-on-a-stick. There's a reason why some basses have had the bejeezus played out of them.

• Members

I would at some point like to find an older Fender that has Mojo. I am loving the older basses, seeing as how mine is almost 17 years old now...it's just like a nicely worn pair of jeans. Of course I would never pay 3 grand for a Fender.

Dan

Archived