Really OT: Where do I want to go this month?

Phantasm

• Members

Ok, I've about had it with work and I'm tired of fixing my house. My wife and I have decided to take a vacation and get away from here... off to a land where yes, I can have onion rings with my meal because there's no hurricane menu.

The question is... WHERE do we go.

We've been trying to think of that today. We've been to Vegas, we've been along the gulf coast. We're thinking about some area in the mountains, perhaps something relaxing yet with things to do nearby, but we're not really locked in to anything. If it sounds interesting, I'd go for it.

Anyone have any suggestions for places to go in June? For bonus points, make a suggestion that's within reasonable driving distance (10-12 hrs) of New Orleans and a suggestion that's anywhere.

• Members

Originally posted by Squirreldawg

Check out Asheville, NC. Great town with plenty of mountains.

Funny, beat me to it...

I was just going to say, Lake Lure, NC. About 15 miles east of Asheville, just past Bat Cave and Chiney Rock. Great area!

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

You got me on the driving distance thing... I've not been anywhere around New Orleans except for New Orleans.
:o

That said, maybe Nashville?

I like Nashville, but I wouldn't be here if I were on vacation... :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

You got me on the driving distance thing... I've not been anywhere around New Orleans except for New Orleans.
:o

That said, maybe Nashville?

Yeah, I know... there's Florida and Texas mostly for vacationing, and the coasts of MS and AL which have been beat up a bit by the hurricanes.

TN is probably close enough to drive.

I'm not sure how far NC is, but it seems to be a popular suggestion. I'll have to look in to that one.

Archived