Source for short-scale necks?

kayak

• Members

Originally posted by knuckle_head

USA Custom Guitars offers a Bass VI 30" scale replica.

is similar to bass necks - I bet you can ask them not to pop the tuner holes so you can do a 4 string if that is your intent.

I called them and asked, they will do that for you. they said they had a short scale bass neck in the works, they hoped to have it done in a few months, but its been over a year since I asked and still no short scale bass necks.

I lucked out and found a musicmaster neck for my project.

• Members

He was looking for a 30" neck....

SXs are 32" are they not? If memory serves so are the student model Fenders... but I'm not aging well.

:(

I know USA Custom will sell just the neck from the Bass VI as I've asked them, and if you want them to omit any part of the production process they are all-too-happy to oblige (meaning they won't drill six holes if it is four that you'd rather have, though you will likely have to drill the 4 holes yourself).

• Members

Originally posted by knuckle_head

He was looking for a 30" neck....

SXs are 32" are they not? If memory serves so are the student model Fenders... but I'm not aging well.

:(

I know USA Custom will sell just the neck from the Bass VI as I've asked them, and if you want them to omit any part of the production process they are all-too-happy to oblige (meaning they won't drill six holes if it is four that you'd rather have, though you will likely have to drill the 4 holes yourself).

The essex ones are 30 or 30.5 inches.

Also Bob, that pic was gross! :freak:

Archived