OT: Table saw question

RoboChrist

• Members

I'm looking to pull the trigger on....well...

um...how hard is it to cut something raw? Like the arms/legs/torso of a...animal er something like that?

Would it be easier to regrigerate the er....animal parts then use the table saw?

And what kind of cement works well with body parts? You know just to preserve them, maybe even underwater...of course I'm refering to animal body parts here.

I was considering going cheap, but I knew that I would only regret that later, so the Ryobi BT3100 is off of my radar.

What's a good saw for that?

(Dedicated to Dima, a "fellow" employee of mine):evil:

• Members

Originally posted by Grogberries

I think electricity takes the fun out of it. Buy a hack saw and mutilate like the Puritans did.

I think they used axes, actually. Maybe a cleaver or two. A little cleaver goes a long way...

• CMS Author

Yeah, you want a meat-cutting bandsaw for that. Grizzly Manufacturing makes some relatively cheap ones, or you could look for a used one from a butcher shop.

Table saws are the last choice....you only get maybe 3-4 inches of cut, the munge winds up in places you can't get to to clean, and you're really likely to sever your own limbs in the process......

Archived