My New Dingwall Bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldHippy

• Members

I just bought the most awesome instrument. I do session work on guitar and bass..and my new Dingwall Afterburner Bass with the fanned frets is soo awesome..I plugged it in in the studio..because of the fanned frets the bass has perfect string tension on the low B string ..It plays evenly anywhere on the neck NO DEAD SPOTS ..I think most people are hip to this company ..Its Canadian hand made with an unbelievable flame top...and the price was unbelievable too..It came with a flight case too..Westcoast Music in Vancouver Canada got it in and worked me the best price..I just asked for the best price...and they special ordered the bass...For the same price as a assembly line made bass ..I got a handmade instrument one of a kind.

http://westcoastguitars.com/ is where i ordered it .I would highly recommend that store .I bought a Bayou acoustic electric there too. heres the Dingwall website too ...http://www.dingwallguitars.com/

OldHippy

• Members

Dingwalls are most amazing. The B string is like no other, truely great bass. I have to say that the whole fanned frets do not through you off when you play, everything is as it normally should be. My only complaint is that I would love for the bridge pickup to be close to the bridge, but that's just me. Got any pics of the bass you bought?

• Members

Why does it only have one control knob? Would of thought would have been active eq plus volume or at very least vol & tone. Shape & finish is kinda nice. But diff would have to have regular type bass bridge and neck pups for me to be interested & at least seperate vols & tone controls. Congrats though, hopes it serves your needs well.

• Members

I have been a Dingwall owner for a couple of years now and recently got to visit the shop and meet Sheldon. Great guy and great basses. He has a picture of my Prima 5 on his website under "Prima Gallery". Welcome to the Dingwall club. Awesome insturments!

Exoticwoodknobsandpickupshellsw.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by ivanthetrble

I have been a Dingwall owner for a couple of years now and recently got to visit the shop and meet Sheldon. Great guy and great basses. He has a picture of my Prima 5 on his website under "Prima Gallery". Welcome to the Dingwall club. Awesome insturments!

Exoticwoodknobsandpickupshellsw.jpg

:eek: :eek:

Wow.

• Members

There was a BP Mag write-up of a Dingwall (with EVERYthing on it!) a couple of months back. I'll have to go look for the issue.

With all the extras, it was like close to either $7K or 9K, can't remember.

Still, if I had the cash I would even hesitate to of bought it. Simply most amazing thing I've seen to date.

• Members

Originally posted by RockStarBassist

There was a BP Mag write-up of a Dingwall (with EVERYthing on it!) a couple of months back. I'll have to go look for the issue.

With all the extras, it was like close to either $7K or 9K, can't remember.

Still, if I had the cash I would even hesitate to of bought it. Simply most amazing thing I've seen to date.

The $7K to $9K is list price. The actual price is a fair amount less than that but they are still spendy bu the attention to details is amazing.

• Members

Originally posted by ivanthetrble

The $7K to $9K is list price. The actual price is a fair amount less than that but they are still spendy bu the attention to details is amazing.

True, but just sayin'. ;)

I'd still get one. It just looked, perfect. It even beat out a Ritter Roya 5 they reviewed in 04 or 05 as the hottest thing I've seen. And I love Ritters!

• Members

The neck is awesome on my bass . It plays great no dead spots anywhere records perfect..actually i can tbelieve the value in this instrument. Its easy to play thin yet feels good ..You should try the one in the store if its still there..Las ttime i looked one was on hold for someone in the back room ..im sure theyd let u try it.

I saw a high end dingwall there once that the guy from Ayotte drums ordered mannnnnnnnnn it was unreal ..never seen flame on a top like that.

and he got an amazing discount too apparently

I can t say enough about Dingwall .....im not even endorsed hahah

Westcoast Music in Vancouver is definitely the place to order a Dingwall ..I checked all over on the net...The best deal was rite in my city..as long as you dont mind waiting for a good hand made instrument .

OldHippy

• Members

last time I was in Westcoast music they had a store full of entry level crap! (overpriced at that)

Years ago, i bought my first real amp there... But thats when they had the Musicman EVH on the wall :p

Congrats on the Dingwall... A store can't survive on selling Traben forever, I guess :)

• Members

I guess Dingwall has MAP pricing now Manufacturer advertised Pricing or something. anyway lets say i got it a few hundred less.. I dont wanna get westcoast Music in trouble :PPIt was the best deal i could find anywhere on the net.I special ordered from Shannon at Westcoast Music Vancouver Canada There site is http://www.westcoastguitars.com

The neck is awesome feels great totally playable any position ..frets are easier to play than regular .. intonation perfect.. no dead spots anywhere on the fretboard..B string is UNREAL The first session i did I plugged in and bingo sounded great . The string tension is even cause of the fan frets it feels sooo good. Roadcase was included in price too. when you look at stuff for comparable prices ..I mean like Warwicks an stuff its almost like a no brainer..There is NO comparison..These are Handmade Awesome lifetime keeper instruments ..very reasonably priced...

OldHippy

Archived