Good 2nd amp?

ak50324

• Members

I Finally settled with my SX(Infield flats, a gotoh bridge, a dimarzio ultra and a geddy lee I found on ebay :))

and saved enough to get a decent amp. I can go up to $500 and need enough to be heard over a decently loud primus cover group.

I was thinking of this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/SWR-WorkingPro-12-200-Watt-1x12-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=481993

or this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Bassman-150-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480872

I was hoping I could add an 15" extension later, so i was leaning to the SWR.

Thanks.

• Members

As said, a used GK amp is a great choice. An 800RB will eat both of those combos you posted for sheer volume and they sound great too.

Match it with a used Peavey cab, or new Avatar, and you should be able to stay under your budget and get an excellent rig that will serve you as long as you are satisfied with it.

• Members

Originally posted by sunburstbasser

As said, a used GK amp is a great choice. An 800RB will eat both of those combos you posted for sheer volume and they sound great too.

Match it with a used Peavey cab, or new Avatar, and you should be able to stay under your budget and get an excellent rig that will serve you as long as you are satisfied with it.

You know often I totally forget about Peavey? I have to change that because their stuff is really good.

Dan

• Members

Originally posted by HORSE

I like the new line of workingman's combos! That 12er looks nice....

Would be perfect as a small gig amp.

Hmmm....

Is that the Workingman's or Working Pro's?

I like the looks of those amps, and I'd probably own one if I hadn't read a lot about how they are somewhat underpowered for their ratings (WM's, haven't heard much about the WP series). I love SWR Pro stuff.

If they've gotten the power a bit better than when they came out, they'd make excellent amps for all kinds of stuff!

Archived