• Members

Originally posted by chunkathalon

Who on this forum would you
want
to "deal with?"

:confused:

People with good sense.

There are several.

In fact, If it weren't for the tuning down into TRIPLE BASS, knucklehead's great guy with a good head on his shoulders.

Thing is, he DOES promote that idea.

Hell, people don't even have to agree with me.

The problem is, that when I start expressing my views on a subject, half the people here take everything personally(this thread isn't one of those instnaces, it WAS all personal) regardless of if it was, and commence to insult me because I don't waver.

I get sick of people that change their views the moment they're in the minority or seem to be heading in that direction.

When that 12 string bass appeared, most people said is was a bad idea.

When the guy who plays it appeared and showed he played fancy music on it, everyone started sucking his cock, even as he did it himself.

All I ever talked about was the fact that it went lower than human hearing and the ability for sound systems to reproduce, and the frets weren't fanned enough for it to make sense.

I never once said he couldn't play, but everyone ignored that and started in with the personal attacks when I'd done them no wrong.

He wasn't even a 'contributing member':rolleyes:

I'll eventually stop coming here. over the years, it's gotten really 'scene'-ey and less about basses and playing and more people showing off their own basses such.

I remember thinking "What the HELL is wrong with this place?" when the 'official rig' happened.

'Official rig?'

What value has originality?

And it was a Sansamp(overpriced and just plain MEH) QSC(I think) power amp(decent, but the same can be had for less and with better reliability. that much I remember), and an avatar cab(direct order only is not something I can stand behind. Many reasons, long story).

The number of people I WANT to deal with gets fewer and fewer as some people move on to...real lives...

The number of people I HAVE to deal with also decreases, as I weed out the losers with total honesty.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

When that 12 string bass appeared, most people said is was a bad idea.

When the guy who plays it appeared and showed he played fancy music on it, everyone started sucking his cock, even as he did it himself.

All I ever talked about was the fact that it went lower than human hearing and the ability for sound systems to reproduce, and the frets weren't fanned enough for it to make sense.

I never once said he couldn't play, but everyone ignored that and started in with the personal attacks when I'd done them no wrong.

He wasn't even a 'contributing member':rolleyes:

But this is in a forum where you have a detailed history of {censored}ting on everyone's birthday cake every chance you get. If you ignore that history, it could appear that the forum just mobbed you and didn't take your words in proper context, didn't argue the right points... whatever. But you have to ignore reality and pretend that you can post in some vacuum where everybody just looks at the arguments and doesn't consider who is arguing. It would be convenient for you if this were the case, and people read your posts carefully, one at a time, and considered your posts thoughtfully. I did this for a very long time, personally. Eventually though, a majority of this forum has decided that you're a jerk, and you're full of {censored}... with all of your special knowledge gleaned from old master soundmen...

• Members

I only mention the ignore list to encourage people to use it.

Go ahead, put me on there!

Then I won't have to deal with you any more.

I tried it, then anytime you posted it still would show up, just with the message removed. :cry:

Eh, whatever, at least you post something interesting on occasion.

• Members

sorry

never meant to start anything, its just i have very strong opinions on how music should be made. for me, it's a moral issue

so yeah, we disagree on a lot of things, but i dont want any enemies here. there was no reason for me and you to get so worked up about all that

so i apologize for being an ass

truce?

• Members

But this is in a forum where you have a detailed history of {censored}ting on everyone's birthday cake every chance you get. If you ignore that history, it could appear that the forum just mobbed you and didn't take your words in proper context, didn't argue the right points... whatever. But you have to ignore reality and pretend that you can post in some vacuum where everybody just looks at the arguments and doesn't consider who is arguing. It would be convenient for you if this were the case, and people read your posts carefully, one at a time, and considered your posts thoughtfully. I did this for a very long time, personally. Eventually though, a majority of this forum has decided that you're a jerk, and you're full of {censored}... with all of your special knowledge gleaned from old master soundmen...

If the birthday cake is made of dirt, what's the problem?

• Members

I just thought this over again.

All you just said is "We're all spiteful assholes, so we disagreed with you and changed our minds just to be annoying."

Lame. Bye.

• Members

kuddos man

but, no matter what you do you're going to piss people off.

I try joke and make people happy, try to get a laugh out of them. But some may see it as being imature and dislike me for. But it's ok, that's life.

• Members

All you just said is "We're all spiteful assholes, so we disagreed with you and changed our minds just to be annoying."

Lame. Bye.

What do you think you've been doing?

• Members

gzeus, i agree with you on most of what was posted

but seriously, stop insulting people

these are all nice people and we were being dicks. we're not going to change their mind about anything, this is only causing trouble

• Members

He's an ass, dude.

And you could just PM him...

yeah, but i was being an ass too

sometimes youve got to take the higher road, man.

and if i PM'ed him, it wouldn't be a public apology would it? and there's something about that that just means more

• Members

Originally posted by ryan7585

gzeus, i agree with you on most of what was posted

but seriously, stop insulting people

these are all nice people and we were being dicks. we're not going to change their mind about anything, this is only causing trouble

If they were nice, they wouldn't be like this.

At least not most of the time.

Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.

I just see these as an opprtunity to see fewer of these kids of people's posts.

• Members

If they were nice, they wouldn't be like this.

At least not most of the time.

Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.

I just see these as an opprtunity to see fewer of these kids of people's posts.

they ARENT like this most of the time. me and you provoked them. ive never seen an actual heated argument on here the whole time ive been posting. people tend to let people be here.

of course, according to our ideals, some of these people are wrong. and we have damn good reasons for our ideals. but thats not the point. this is not a forum meant for arguing over musical ideals, its meant for talking about bass, helping people with their questions, and just chatting and having a good time. that's getting {censored}ed up right now, and it needs to stop. whether you think it was our fault that it got {censored}ed up or not ALSO is not the issue (even though we did).. even if it was them, stopping the argument is still the right thing to do. it helps this forum be a better place.

ok?

• Members

I just wanted to put my .02 cents in on the SE thing. I was straight edge for about 12 years of my life. The committment it takes to live that kind of lifestyle actually takes balls. I don't see where anyone would get that it's "trendy" to be SE? Much respect for DS on the straight edge thing...although it's a bit unexpected.

Also I wanted to clarify: SE started in the late 70's when Ian Mackaye sang a song about it. He didn't invent the movement, as so many people think he just tuned people into it. Straight Edge isn't a clear cut set of rules like so many people think either. It is a set of rules guided by your morals that you adhere to. Some people don't eat meat, some people dont have sex, some people don't take medications, some people remove caffeine from their diet. The one static element is no drugs of any kind. Now I don't see the bad in someone abstaining from taking drugs or alcohol. I also don't understand why some person would bash another for choosing this life? I quit being SE a long time ago because I outgrew the scene. My musical tastes change and my friends grew up. We let the next generation take it..I still pull out my old records and listen every once in a while but I think it's a good thing that kids are grasping this concept and keeping themselves out of trouble. What is the harm?

On a personal note; I think it's absolutely gutless to bash someone else's lifestyle, especially when it's taking cheap shots on an internet forum because of a lack creativity or ammunition with which to explain yourself.

Just my .02. try and respect people. We have all been guilty of getting heated, but let's keep it non-personal if we can K?

• Members

Originally posted by willsellout

I just wanted to put my .02 cents in on the SE thing. I was straight edge for about 12 years of my life. The committment it takes to live that kind of lifestyle actually takes balls. I don't see where anyone would get that it's "trendy" to be SE? Much respect for DS on the straight edge thing...although it's a bit unexpected.

Also I wanted to clarify: SE started in the late 70's when Ian Mackaye sang a song about it. He didn't invent the movement, as so many people think he just tuned people into it. Straight Edge isn't a clear cut set of rules like so many people think either. It is a set of rules guided by your morals that you adhere to. Some people don't eat meat, some people dont have sex, some people don't take medications, some people remove caffeine from their diet. The one static element is no drugs of any kind. Now I don't see the bad in someone abstaining from taking drugs or alcohol. I also don't understand why some person would bash another for choosing this life? I quit being SE a long time ago because I outgrew the scene. My musical tastes change and my friends grew up. We let the next generation take it..I still pull out my old records and listen every once in a while but I think it's a good thing that kids are grasping this concept and keeping themselves out of trouble. What is the harm?

On a personal note; I think it's absolutely gutless to bash someone else's lifestyle, especially when it's taking cheap shots on an internet forum because of a lack creativity or ammunition with which to explain yourself.

Just my .02. try and respect people. We have all been guilty of getting heated, but let's keep it non-personal if we can K?

has nothing to do with the lifestyle

you can have whatever lifestyle you want

it's calling yourself straightedge that i find trendy.. there's no need for the name, or personal categorization. just dont do it if you dont like it. i dont like eggs, but you dont see me going around introducing myself and saying "hi, i'm ryan. i'm noEggCore."

see my point?

but still, do what you want. like i said, theres no place for arguments here. just wanted to explain my side :p

• Members

Lame. Bye.

I never posted in that thread... and I don't see myself as a member of a huge shared forum opinion... so that isn't exactly what I said.

if remembering that you're a dick is spitefully assholish... what isn't?

The first two or three times you flared up and flipped out while I've been posting here I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Eventually, I decided that you really are a petty, tiny person. Is it spiteful of me to hold this expectation of your posts after grudgingly forming it? Nah. It's common sense.

:wave:

• Members

yeah, but i was being an ass too

sometimes youve got to take the higher road, man.

and if i PM'ed him, it wouldn't be a public apology would it? and there's something about that that just means more

DS takes longish breaks from posting from time to time.

:wave:

• Members

has nothing to do with the lifestyle

you can have whatever lifestyle you want

it's calling yourself straightedge that i find trendy.. there's no need for the name, or personal categorization. just dont do it if you dont like it. i dont like eggs, but you dont see me going around introducing myself and saying "hi, i'm ryan. i'm noEggCore."

see my point?

but still, do what you want. like i said, theres no place for arguments here. just wanted to explain my side
:p

But here's the problem I have with your view on this. When someone says "Oh I don't drink" it is a completely different feeling from someone saying "I am straight edge". It's an easier explanation that everyone understands. Almost everyone knows what SE is and what the base values are. There is no need for explanation. And I still don't understand why it's trendy to say your SE? Do you think everyone should keep their lifestyle to themselves? Should Jews not say their Jewish? Does it make them less hardcore Jew if they claim "Jewish-ness"? What is in a word that makes it trendy and where do you draw the line at? It's not like the guy is some 16 year old kid with X's on his hands preaching to you. He's a grown man who's made a choice. I think in his case the "trendy" part of your arguement doesn't really fit. It may be the cool thing to do (SE) nowadays, but IMO it doesn't apply in this case.

Dan

• Members

Originally posted by willsellout

But here's the problem I have with your view on this. When someone says "Oh I don't drink" it is a completely different feeling from someone saying "I am straight edge". It's an easier explanation that everyone understands. Almost everyone knows what SE is and what the base values are. There is no need for explanation. And I still don't understand why it's trendy to say your SE? Do you think everyone should keep their lifestyle to themselves? Should Jews not say their Jewish? Does it make them less hardcore Jew if they claim "Jewish-ness"? What is in a word that makes it trendy and where do you draw the line at? It's not like the guy is some 16 year old kid with X's on his hands preaching to you. He's a grown man who's made a choice. I think in his case the "trendy" part of your arguement doesn't really fit. It may be the cool thing to do (SE) nowadays, but IMO it doesn't apply in this case.

Dan

no but that's just it-- you're making more out of it than it needs to be. you're turning it into a lifestyle. its just something you dont want to do, for some personal reasons. there's no need to make such a big deal out of it. it seems to me that the only reason someone would, would be because they saw someone else doing it.. of course i can't know that for sure though, everyone has different reasons for what they do. but on the surface, it seems trendy. i admit, though, i dont know much about it.

by the way.. you said "Almost everyone knows what SE is and what the base values are".. what are the base values? they all have the same reason for not doing drugs? im confused..:confused:

educate me :)

• Members

When you say straight edge it means no drugs and alcohol automatically for most people. Those are the base values really. It's just what pops into people's heads. I just think it's easier than saying "I don't drink or smoke". If you say that, people tend to ask questions as to why you don't. When you say you are SE, they don't even bother. I always found it easier to say I was SE than "I don't do drugs". I also don't think that labeling yourself SE really is making a big deal out of anything to anyone other than the person who is saying it. And your right, some people do it because their friends did it, or because Davey from AFI is SE or whatever, but there are others out there that just follow it for their own personal reasons.

• Members

Originally posted by s4001

chef hut tusk up

chef hut up tusk

chef tusk hut up

chef tusk up hut

chef up hut tusk

chef up tusk hut

cpu eft huh tusk

cpu eft tusk huh

cpu huh eft tusk

cpu huh tusk eft