Finally got some bass strings today!

fishfartz

• Members

its been close to 6 months Ive had my bass, I got it thinking Id only use it to fill a void when recording but Ive been loving it.

strings are kinda high though. I replace my 6 strings every 2-3 weeks like clockwork but this is a first for the bass.

Im not sure if they are a good brand but right now they beat the old worn ones, they are Hartke mediums (4 string)

I love feeling the foundation around you warping with those deep notes vibrating inside. But I dont play out anywhere, just at home.

hip hip hoorah for the kings who held the swing

got that low bass swung like it aint no thang

twisted my own fool but it all works out

tried to latch onto a feeling and had to get out

wah-wearnt'-wearn

wah-wearnt'-wearn

(chikka-chokka-chokka)

wah-wearnt'-wearn

(chikka-chokka-chocca)

but it all works out

• Members

Funny thing about strings and brand names: There are only a few places on earth that actually make the wire itself, and nearly as few who do the winding.

So, when you buy the Hartke strings, they are probably the same thing as GHS, only sometimes you pay more for the name...

• Members

Originally posted by the_big_geez

Funny thing about strings and brand names: There are only a few places on earth that actually make the wire itself, and nearly as few who do the winding.

So, when you buy the Hartke strings, they are probably the same thing as GHS, only sometimes you pay more for the name...

Yeah, but they're made to competely different specs. So yes, sometimes paying more for a different brand is worth it, even if they were made in the same factory.

Archived