Yes! Yes! Yes! -Band Related

T-40

• Members

We had our first band practice in two weeks today and John asked for a short band meeting before we really started. We had already done a quick warm up with one of his tunes for a change so I had a feeling what was coming. And I was right. John said that he feels that doing the cover thing isn't working for us on an emotional level so he asked if we really wanted to start playing his songs. Of course we all said, "Hell, yes!" He was sort of shocked that we were all so willing to jump in and back him on this but we're all tired of the coverband thing and agreed this was the way to go.

Anyhow, we worked on 4 or 5 of his songs for the rest of the afternoon and then played a couple of covers just for the hell of it. I've gotta say, it's been one of the best practices we've had yet. The songs just seem to fall right into place for us. John burned us all a CD with 12 songs to work on so I've got some practicing to do before next week. I am so stoked right now it's not even funny.

Oh... and I made the EQ adjustments to my rig as suggested by everybody here and over at eBassist and it sounded pretty damn good. More mids and backed off the bass some. I also turned up the volumes on the power amp and only ran the preamp volume at about half. I could actually hear myself in the mix for a change! So thanks to everyone for your input on that as well. :thu:

It's been a good day musicly speaking. :)

• Members

Originally posted by 82Daion

But mids are what help you to cut through.

Yeah.... I'm slowly learning that. :D

I've got a bit more tweaking to do but I'm starting to really like the sound I'm getting with the rest of the band.

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

mids also grind too
:)

Yeah.... I noticed just a touch of that in there today. It worked suprisingly well with most of John's songs though.

I overdrove it just a bit and shredded at the end of Freebird. :D

• Members

Originally posted by T-40

Yeah.... I noticed just a touch of that in there today. It worked suprisingly well with most of John's songs though.

I overdrove it just a bit and shredded at the end of Freebird.
:D

:thu:

grind is good in rock music, but so is thump. that's why I play a p-bass. :cool: It can do both.

I llllloooooovvvvvvveeeeee overdrive/distortion. :thu: :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

grind is good in rock music, but so is thump. that's why I play a p-bass.
:cool:
It can do both. I llllloooooovvvvvvveeeeee overdrive/distortion.

I really have never been much of an overdrive/distortion lover. However, just a touch in the right places can do wonders.

Archived