Oops, Almost forgot. 2 basses I made completely from scratch!!!

Navybass

• Members

Originally posted by Navybass

I made the bodies, necks, fretboards, and paint on both of these as part of my new business.

One is modeled after Billy Sheehan's "Wife" and the other is just your standard Jazz bass.

Picture089.jpg

Picture090.jpg

:eek: How much would you charge for a bass with this paint scheme, only make the face a flat black with the natural wood outlined finish..I would totally get one of those if its not too pricey.:thu:

EDIT: and a natural finished pickguard(don't believe i've ever seen one)

• Members

Originally posted by baracuda2004

:eek:
How much would you charge for a bass with this paint scheme, only make the face a flat black with the natural wood outlined finish..I would totally get one of those if its not too pricey.
:thu:

EDIT: and a natural finished pickguard(don't believe i've ever seen one)

Do you want the natural wood to be in a flat clear coat or gloss clearcoat?

The sheehan clone body I made from a few pieces of wood, so I put the laminate on the top and back to hide the different grain patterns and make it more uniform.

• Members

Do you want the natural wood to be in a flat clear coat or gloss clearcoat?

The sheehan clone body I made from a few pieces of wood, so I put the laminate on the top and back to hide the different grain patterns and make it more uniform.

I would have to go flat..I think putting a gloss clear coat next to a flat color would look kinda tacky..

• Members

Originally posted by baracuda2004

I would have to go flat..I think putting a gloss clear coat next to a flat color would look kinda tacky..

Ok. That won't be too much. IM me on Monday. This weekend is hectic. I have to work from 3am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday. Or you can email me at jwinters7@cox.net

Tell me exactly what you want and I'll get a quote for you.

• Members

Ok. That won't be too much. IM me on Monday. This weekend is hectic. I have to work from 3am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday. Or you can email me at
jwinters7@cox.net

Tell me exactly what you want and I'll get a quote for you.

your the man..:thu: I'll definately get IM you monday with the full details.

• Members

Both of those are beautiful in their own way. I really like the Sheehan-style version. I'd like to see that in black with an anondized guard, but an aluminum plate on top of the pickup might not be such a good thing...:eek:

Archived