Hartke A100- Can they blow out?

metalmania13

• Members

My band is on a tight budget and my bass player is using my Hartke A100 for our practices. We dont have a PA and we play in a bedroom, so he has to crank my bass amp pretty much all the way up.

I can't imagine this is good for the amp, but are they really easy to blow? I was wondering because my father bought me that amp, and it was a lot of money for him and I don't want the amp to go to waste.

• Members

Its usually not good to put the amp all the way up. If he cant keep up Id suggest everyone else turn down so you dont blow the speakers. You could also try and get a new combo if you can spare the money in the future

• Members

As far as the amp itself goes you probably shouldn't drive it full bore but it will probably take it for awhile the speaker on the other hand won't . I would suggest either the rest of you turn down or get a better ie higher wattage bass amp but a 100 watt amp should be able to handle what I would consider bedroom volume but mabe your bedroom is much bigger than mine.

• Members

I used a 100 watt Ampeh combo for a while (BA1x15). I cranked mine pretty hard and it did ok. Got HOT sometimes but I never really needed all the power anyway, and I was playing with a hard hitting drummer a jerk guitar pllayer that wouldn't turn down. The easyest sollution is for everyone else to turn down.

Duh:freak:

Archived