New amp! Pics enclosed!

Jiggo

• Members

1004947669_l.jpg

FINALLY got it shipped here after purchasing it via a friend in california about 6 months ago. Its probably one of the best sounding amps Ive ever played, much less owned. 200 watts of crushing tube power with an EV speaker in it. I love it!

It gets {censored}ing loud too.

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

Nice. Can you hook up an extension cab to it?

Yea, im running the SVT410 with the internal 115. Its almost pointless though, the internal speaker seems to be about twice as loud as the SVT. It hardly changes the sound at all at normal volumes. I havent really cranked it yet.

• Members

Originally posted by LO_RYDER

WHy do you need the Mesa when you have the Ampeg?? The Mesa has much less power. I played that Ampeg and considered getting it.

The BA500 is a good amp... but comparing it to the Mesa Buster 200 isnt fair. The mesa blows it away in volume. Its 200w all tube vs the ampegs 350w solid state (running an 8ohm cab with it, its like 450ish) Tones always subjective, but I'd say the mesa has way better tone as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Jiggo

The BA500 is a good amp... but comparing it to the Mesa Buster 200 isnt fair. The mesa blows it away in volume. Its 200w all tube vs the ampegs 350w solid state (running an 8ohm cab with it, its like 450ish) Tones always subjective, but I'd say the mesa has way better tone as well.

Gotcha! I went with the Super RedHead With a Son of Bertha 15" under it. It kicks hard and has a really wide rage of tones also.

ENJOY!

Archived