quick compu-geek question, if you please...

mlwarriner

• Members

Originally posted by jonathan_matos5

then what the hell is it for:confused:

If you're a network admin, it really starts to come in handy. It's most commonly used for the Windows NT commands. I mostly use it to diagnose network problems - pings, traceroutes, ipconfigs and the like. You can also use it for Telnet and FTP if you're that way inclined.

• Members

Originally posted by rastafarian_nz

If you're a network admin, it really starts to come in handy. It's most commonly used for the Windows NT commands. I mostly use it to diagnose network problems - pings, traceroutes, ipconfigs and the like. You can also use it for Telnet and FTP if you're that way inclined.

thats no fun.

i want to go blow stuff up in mech warrior again that game was awesome. is there a not so dos version out now?

• Members

Everyone's pretty much spot-on here. If you want a DOS-based OS, you'll have to go back to the 98/ME era of operating systems. Other than that, the DOS emulators can do a decent job.

I believe you can get MechWarrior2 working under XP just by messing with a few settings and runtime commands, but it's been a loooooong time.

• Members

Originally posted by rastafarian_nz

If you're looking to format the hard drive and/or reload Windows, you can boot from the XP CD and do both from there.

:thu:

so now i have to get a new XP disc, as mine got somehow corrupted :(

(probably from scuffing around on the floor of my car)

• Members

Originally posted by fluxpunk

Just download windows (you will need the same sp version as yours) off a torrent website and use your cd key:thu:

Click start>run then type dos and press enter, the first 4 words will tell you whats happened to dos
:p

He doesn't have a CD key, because he pirated it.

• Members

Originally posted by Zeromus-X

He doesn't have a CD key, because he pirated it.

actually, i don't have a cd key because it was written down on a piece of paper that was in my wallet when it got stolen. it's not pirated, it's from my office. we've got a pretty relaxed software policy, such that any employee can use any of our software on their home machine.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by mlwarriner

actually, i don't have a cd key because it was written down on a piece of paper that was in my wallet when it got stolen. it's not pirated, it's from my office. we've got a pretty relaxed software policy, such that any employee can use any of our software on their home machine.

:D

Don't copy that floppy!

One disk, one program, one machine...dude I'm going to have to post this again aren't I?

Archived