OT: Big and powerful scooters

RoboChrist

• Members

Actually, I really like the vinatge ones better myself, the ones with the DC-3 landing gear front suspension. The ones I bought my wife were Lifans, (Chinese made in a Honda factory) only cost $1199 ea. Parts are interchangable with Honda.

• Members

the last few years i have spent in Asia (Thailand and Korea) I have always owned a scooter. I was shocked how efficient smaller cc engines could be. I assumed anyting under 200cc would have trouble hauling my fat ass around...I was wrong. I have had a 110 semi automatic (switch gears but no clutch...rotarty gear shift N-1-2-3-4-N all downclick) that I used for a year in Thailand - 20 minute drive each way a day with a small mountain in the middle. No problem at all. - and a 100cc automatic here in Seoul. Great for busy streets like the ones I have to drive through everyday and easily doeas 80-90km/hr when I need it to. Keeps your head on a swivel to with all the crazy drivers here...always on the losing end of any accident you may get into.

only other drawback is going over the longer bridges when it is windy...can be a little frightening...

If I was back home I would prefer a 'real' bike. But I live on a rural area....if I was in a big bity (or Canadian version of a bog city..none of theese crazy 14 million people madhouses) I would consider a 150cc+ scooter.

• Members

Scooters are everywhere in my town since the gas prices started rising last year. I see a lot of retired folks on his & her scooters everywhere. I thought about getting one, but living on a 4 lane divided state highway can make it challenging to get one up to speed in time, especially with my fat ass on there.

My bro and got into vintage Japanese bikes last year. I ended up with a well cared for gem that takes me anywhere I want to go at 40MPG:

ltdsm.jpg

Archived