Any DB2 DBA's on the board?

The Aardvark

• CMS Author

I'm not a DBA...not an SQL guy either, really. Just enough to get in trouble.

Have a look here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0407melnyk/index.html

I suspect that unless you have admin authority on the database, you may not be able to do anything anyway. If the table is large, you may just have to wait for the two operations to complete. Do you suspect the operation is hanging?

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

I'm not a DBA...not an SQL guy either, really. Just enough to get in trouble.

Have a look here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0407melnyk/index.html

I suspect that unless you have admin authority on the database, you may not be able to do anything anyway. If the table is large, you may just have to wait for the two operations to complete. Do you suspect the operation is hanging?

Somehow the tablespace is in a backup pending state, but we are loading these tables as "NONRECOVERABLE". There can't have been a roll forward and I know a backup isn't in process. I have to have a lot of tables loaded for UAT on Monday, but I'm getting very little support.

I'm now officially in an "GETTING MY ASS CHEWED OUT PENDING" state. :(

• CMS Author

Originally posted by The Aardvark

Somehow the tablespace is in a backup pending state, but we are loading these tables as "NONRECOVERABLE". There can't have been a roll forward and I know a backup isn't in process. I have to have a lot of tables loaded for UAT on Monday, but I'm getting very little support.

I'm now officially in an "GETTING MY ASS CHEWED OUT PENDING" state.
:(

Something's {censored} the bed I suspect. Get screenshots of the status and time saved (for CYA), and keep paging the DBA, and get his superior's email or pager.

Archived