Forgive me for I have sinned

4string

• Members

I saw Derek5272 play his new bass on stage this weekend and I was impressed.

While it didn't have a sound that was distinct that you could recognize it, it cut through the mix perfectly.

And has great stage presence with its mahoghany color in the lights. The lead guitarist who is a family friend had his Les Paul with a nice crimson red color. The two guitars on stage were an awesome site.

Mrs 4string thinks I am a sinner because I was coveting thy neighbours bass.

GAS :mad:

AGB140_BR.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by 4string

While it didn't have a sound that was distinct that you could recognize it, it cut through the mix perfectly.

And has great stage presence with its mahoghany color in the lights. The lead guitarist who is a family friend had his Les Paul with a nice crimson red color. The two guitars on stage were an awesome site.

GAS
:mad:

AGB140_BR.jpg

I've got my eye on one of those.

• Members

If it means anything 4string, I covet your basses too :p

I dunno how much your Fender cost you, but the AGB140's quite cheap, barely a blip on the radar compared to a 'Ray. The proper color names (like it matters :rolleyes: ) are Transparent Brown for my bass and Wine Red for my dad's octave-high 6 string bass :p

• Members

Originally posted by Derek5272

If it means anything 4string, I covet your basses too
:p

I dunno how much your Fender cost you, but the AGB140's quite cheap, barely a blip on the radar compared to a 'Ray. The proper color names (like it matters
:rolleyes:
) are Transparent Brown for my bass and Wine Red for my dad's octave-high 6 string bass

Sinner :mad:

I figure with my anniversary a little over a month away, I should just go buy one. I would probably get the sunburst one though.

• Members

GAS
:mad:

AGB140_BR.jpg

Play your bass for 1 extra hour tonight and you are forgiven my son. HaHa:D

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

A sinner for coveting a th bass in one year? Hardly. In the past year, I've bought three basses, most of a 4th, an ampeg fridge, an EHX polychorus, a cheapie strat, an SV 57, and half of a mixer. You're safe.

So you sleep in the garage too. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

A sinner for coveting a th bass in one year? Hardly. In the past year, I've bought three basses, most of a 4th, an ampeg fridge, an EHX polychorus, a cheapie strat, an SV 57, and half of a mixer. You're safe.

Well, this bass cost me $375 altogether. If I told my mom I was looking at getting a 2nd bass this year (most likely a cheap fretless to tune BEAD), I probably wouldn't live through the night. Not everybody has the freedom to buy gear that you do :p Then again, I also have university bills to pay, but a $150 bass isn't that much...

• Members

Well, this bass cost me $375 altogether. If I told my mom I was looking at getting a 2nd bass this year (most likely a cheap fretless to tune BEAD), I probably wouldn't live through the night. Not everybody has the freedom to buy gear that you do
Then again, I also have university bills to pay, but a $150 bass isn't that much...

Convince your dad, brother, sister to buy it and you can borrow it.

• Members

Convince your dad, brother, sister to buy it and you can borrow it.

I don't think that'd work either :p If I wanted one, all I'd have to do is sell one of my guitars, and I'm not sure I want to do that. And even if I did, that'd bring even more death and destruction with it, because my acoustic is less than a year and a half old, and my electric isn't 6 months yet.

• Members

I'll tell your dad, that it's the new thing in bass and it's revolutionizing the way people are playing. In fact it's so great I just sold all my gear so I could buy two of them. :D

Any loving (sucker) father would buy one for his kid. In fact if my boys want one I'll stand in line to get them one.

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

Three, pffftt. Come back when you have some real gas buys to report. Three... Ha ha ha!

;)

I also spent $8000 on guns this year, and a trip to Disneyland, and I sent my wife to Trinidad, and the family to Vancouver Island

I figure this year has cost me $30,000 in stuff already.

• Members

Well, this bass cost me $375 altogether. If I told my mom I was looking at getting a 2nd bass this year (most likely a cheap fretless to tune BEAD), I probably wouldn't live through the night. Not everybody has the freedom to buy gear that you do
Then again, I also have university bills to pay, but a $150 bass isn't that much...

Honestly, I shouldn't have spent so much on gear considering that I'm now a po' college kid.

At least I have scholarships though, but having no money to spend sucks

My parents have come to the realization that music is my "hobby." My oldest brother spends all of his spare money.time on rebuilding junker trucks, but more recently remodeling his house. My other brother has hunting and fishing, and I have my music. They did give me awfully funny looks when I bought the T-40 FL, especially since I had sworn off buyin any more basses after recently buying the Peavey Millennium

• Members

I've only bought two basses this year, but one is taller than I am!!!

So, do you play any Allman Brothers tunes on that thing? I was dining around on one at GC, played 'Don't want you no more' totally rockin' tone!!

I've got GAS too, I think it was the beans.....

Archived