New car question.....

dabbadon8

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

Dude, there's a reason that this is the last year for the RSX...
:wave:

they say it's cause they want to up their rep. as a highend car dealer and the rsx is their cheapest, plus the civic Si is cutting their profits on the rsx by a {censored}load. I'd get one of those if I was looking for stick but since I'm not....

• Members

Whatever you do, stay clear of GM. Their cars tend to fall apart after 5 years. Toyota and Honda are prolly 2 of the best companies for getting the best value for your money. I'm a regular Autoweek/Car & Driver reader. A lot of good things are being said about Mazda. VW has been suffering from shotty assembly for the past few years. The Dodge Caliber is alright, but if you want a sportier package on one, get ready to shell out some cash (over $25,000 on the sticker). Also, I'd be weary of Dodge's overall quality. The Scion xA and xB both make under 100 BHP, so if you want something sporty, you might want to look else where. Mini Coops also have been suffering from over-all quality, which is prolly why they're set for a total re-desinged Mini to be released before 2010.

• Members

Originally posted by Sensijuana

The Scion xA and xB both make under 100 BHP, so if you want something sporty, you might want to look else where.

I agree with most of your post, but Both of those publications are TOTALLY slanted to the Japanese Big 2. In fact, most mags are. So I'd still consider what they are saying, but I'd take some of the remarks about other brands with a grain of salt. Note: I own 2 Hondas, so I am not biased in my view of other brands.

As far as the Scion, they are 109bhp. over 100, but not by much.

The RSX is a GREAT car, congrats.

• Members

i bought a red truck... and i regret that decision... two things:

1) cops seem to be attracted to red cars.... ive had to watch how i drive since ive owned this one ( i owned the same truck but grey prior to this one and didnt get any hassles)

2) when its not clean, red looks faded and cheap, as soon as you wash it though it shines and looks sweet,

but then again, black is a hard colour to keep clean too, but man do they look sick when they are clean, my truck that i just ordered is black.... I cant wait

Archived