Tune Bass Company?

dert_stylus

• Members

Anyone have any experience with this company? i check online and it seems as if Sam Ash is the only retailer. I have a chance to get a five string brand new for about 75% off retail ($140)...Its a Fiver and i was just interested in getting a Fiver just to see if i enjoy it at all. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Click here to check it out

• Members

Originally posted by achtung jackass

aint the new ones made by SX or SX makes some similar or something???

$140 for a fiver isnt bad, but is it playable?

check the HC reviews if it still working (wasnt last week
:(
)

I am pretty sure the Korean ones are made by the Axtec group (they also sell as Music Park over here) They sell for $750-1100 here so if it is an MIK $140 is a great deal.....only played the Axtec version though (they label it as a Tune but the headstock says Axtec) nice but not $1000 nice

• Members

Originally posted by achtung jackass

aint the new ones made by SX or SX makes some similar or something???

$140 for a fiver isnt bad, but is it playable?

check the HC reviews if it still working (wasnt last week
:(
)

The SX ones are Bass Company licensed, that brand is/was a subsidiary of Tune at one point. I'd guess these Tune basses are to the Japan Tune basses somewhat like the SX ones are to real Bass Company basses. Could be a pretty good deal, but I don't know if I'd order one without checking them out in person. The $140 model, maybe, but of course the ones I like (like the semi-hollow fretless) are more of a risk at like $500+.

• Members

Originally posted by bholder

The SX ones are Bass Company licensed, that brand is/was a subsidiary of Tune at one point. I'd guess these Tune basses are to the Japan Tune basses somewhat like the SX ones are to real Bass Company basses. Could be a pretty good deal, but I don't know if I'd order one without checking them out in person. The $140 model, maybe, but of course the ones I like (like the semi-hollow fretless) are more of a risk at like $500+.

Oops - getting confused here - that's Bass Collection (that SX has licesnsed copies of). The Bass Company is a different thing entirely (also nice).

• Members

Originally posted by SteveyDevey

Robear over at TB knows a lot about the differences between the "real" tunes, and the "technically legal, but the original company is still mad" tunes made in korea.

I was trying to remember his name, I was going to buy his red Tune 6. Don't know which vintage it was, though (Korea or Japan).

• Members
Originally posted by bholder

I was trying to remember his name, I was going to buy his red Tune 6. Don't know which vintage it was, though (Korea or Japan).

I was looking at buying it too, but it was korean. I was only really thinking about it because it looked like a ridiculous deal, as opposed to a more normal price. If i were really in the market, I probably would have picked it up anyway, but it looked at first blush like a $3000 bass for something like $500 (I forget the actual prices though).

• Members

The Tune's that I've played at sam ash played pretty nicely, considering they are at sam ash (I find a lot of setup issues with their axes...). If you have the opportunity to get it at good price, go for it! Cool body shape, definitley gets you away from the traditional basses, so if you're looking for that sort of thing it fits the bill too!

Archived