Instrumentalists?

megadan

• Members

Originally posted by Bus_Mute

the band I'm a part of uses minimalist vocals.

we have a sound similar to a lot of the more modern ambient/indie/post-rock bands.

think Bernard, Explosions in the Sky, and Sigur Ros.

:thu:

Do you have a myspace?

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

One of the bands that I is/was in was mostly instrumental, mainly because none of us really wanted to sing, and none of us could really write any lyrics for the original music that we did have.

That's how it was with the guitar player I was jamming with before my move. We had played together in a sort of ambient/electronic band, and after that broke up we ended up jamming together every now and then and we just never felt that vocals were needed for the music we were writing. That, and I've got one of the worst voices for singing I've ever heard. It's just straight out bad.

• Members

Originally posted by Super_Donut_Man

Yeah I play by myself, and I have no confidence in myself/voice, so all the songs that I have written have been all instrumentals.

See, I'm fully confident that my singing is crap :p:D

Though it's improving, having to sing damned Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to my 8 mo. daughter before bed time :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Bus_Mute

the band I'm a part of uses minimalist vocals.

we have a sound similar to a lot of the more modern ambient/indie/post-rock bands.

think Bernard, Explosions in the Sky, and Sigur Ros.

id like to hear you guys-- sounds like my kinda stuff

i cant get on myspace at work but ill check you out when i get home

since you're into that kinda thing, would you be willing to give me your opinion on a ambient-ish song I produced? I'm pretty proud of it, it was a lot of work.. not a very original song structure, and utterly meaningless lyrics, but i think with some practice i could maybe compete with the big boys ;):D:p

heres the link

Archived