Searching for a new bass rig....need help!

zhalesy

• Members

Alright, I've been doing some more searching....

What do you guys think about something like this....getting a Peavey Pro 500 Head and using the pre-amp out to go into a PV 2600 power amp and then into our cab(s)? Would that work ok? This is very similar to what the Nickelback bass player does I think.

Let me know what ya think!

Thanks,

Zach

• Members

Originally posted by zhalesy

We already have the PV 2600....left over PA gear

I just figured we could give that a try ya know? I could be completely off here though....as I said I'm the guitarist and am not super familiar with bass rigs.

Who is we? If it's yours, grab a rack case and a Demeter or Aguilar preamp. You'll save some cash and it will sound awesome.

Yo.

• Members

Alright, I've been doing some more searching....

What do you guys think about something like this....getting a Peavey Pro 500 Head and using the pre-amp out to go into a PV 2600 power amp and then into our cab(s)? Would that work ok? This is very similar to what the Nickelback bass player does I think.

Let me know what ya think!

Thanks,

Zach

Peavey rocks.
You mentioned the GK 2001. I couldn't recommend that head enough. It just kicks ass. You put that with an SWR cabinet. maybe a 1x18 like someone suggested with a 4x10 and you could rock the panties off a nun.:thu:
I still say for the sound you are looking for, a SWR GK or Mesa Boogie combo would kick ass.
Dan

• Members

anybody else?

Replace the amp first. That cab is pretty popular, which is not to say that I personally like it, but it should do well with any amp you use with it.
While you're buying the amp, try out some different cabs with it, and if you fall in love with one particular combination, buy it. We've given you a pretty comprehensive list of amps to look at, get your ass out there and try one, then buy one.:D
C7

Archived