Thank goodness for diet pills and Gastro-Intestinal Bypass

Ace Of Bass

• Members

Originally posted by Ace Of Bass

Nothing like some good old chemistry and stomach stapling to keep my in shape!
:)

I had Gastric bypass on May 23, 2006, and since then, with eating a healthy diet, working out, and following my doctors instructions, I have lost 97 lbs. in about 3 1/2 months. This was a life saver for me. I have a new chance at life and am using it to the fullest. Hell I fit into clothes that I couldn't 4 yrs ago. It is a good thing for some people, but not for everybody. I went through alot of Medical and Psychological testing before I was accepted and allowed to have the surgery.

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer2001

I had Gastric bypass on May 23, 2006, and since then, with eating a healthy diet, working out, and following my doctors instructions, I have lost 97 lbs. in about 3 1/2 months. This was a life saver for me. I have a new chance at life and am using it to the fullest. Hell I fit into clothes that I couldn't 4 yrs ago. It is a good thing for some people, but not for everybody. I went through alot of Medical and Psychological testing before I was accepted and allowed to have the surgery.

I didn't mean to be offensive. Just aother parody thread.

I Know a few people as well who have had the surgery, and they're all very happy with the results.

• Members

a business associate had it done 3 yrs ago.

originally pretty unhappy & depressed for about 2+ years post-surgery.

lately he's feeling better about it as he went from about 400 to 250 (at about 5'10") & has gotten more active. still not totally stoked though, with the costs ($$$$) & life change (ie: no more is food a social & pleasure enterprise).

overall he feels it will add about 20 yrs to his life - but obviously no one knows that for sure . . .

• Members

Originally posted by lownote

a business associate had it done 3 yrs ago.

originally pretty unhappy & depressed for about 2+ years post-surgery.

lately he's feeling better about it as he went from about 400 to 250 (at about 5'10") & has gotten more active. still not totally stoked though, with the costs ($$$$) & life change (ie: no more is food a social & pleasure enterprise).

overall he feels it will add about 20 yrs to his life - but obviously no one knows that for sure . . .

Yes, it is not easy at all, but the final goal is worth it if you are willing to make some changes. I quit smoking the day of my surgery and haven't had one since then. I also eat alot more vegetables, and proteins. High sugars are a nono. No carbonation for the first 6 months, so big life changes, but I still eat. I don't eat at fast food places much, and if I do it is grilled chicken without the bread, or chili, or a salad.

It is hard and I widh him the best of luck. Just tell him to keep looking towards the future.:thu: :thu:

• Members

I lost over 100 lbs the old fashioned way almost 10 years ago. I hit my 17th birthday weighing in at over 300lbs. That spring I decided to start losing weight and did it by eating less (a lot less) and exercising, which for me was walking briskly for 3 or 4 miles as often as possible. When I went back to school in the fall for my senior year I weight in at about 215. These days I'm around 190.

• Members

Originally posted by J.

I lost over 100 lbs the old fashioned way almost 10 years ago. I hit my 17th birthday weighing in at over 300lbs. That spring I decided to start losing weight and did it by eating less (a lot less) and exercising, which for me was walking briskly for 3 or 4 miles as often as possible. When I went back to school in the fall for my senior year I weight in at about 215. These days I'm around 190.

Congrats, that is a very hard thing to do. I think that is amazing:thu: :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by J.

I hit my 17th birthday weighing in at over 300lbs.

Jesus, dude.

I'm 18. 5'11" and weigh 170, 17% body fat. I have a fast motabolism (not very many heavy people in my family) and I do a lot of running and generally watch what I eat. Growing up I could never understand how people got so big, let alone how people could let their kids get so big. I know it's not that easy to keep the weight off for some people but damn, it's just not healthy.. do something about it! I'm glad you lost all that weight J, don't need any heart attacks before 40 :thu:

Archived