What would you do (portaflex)

vooter

• Members

I have the oppurtunity to buy a b15n portaflex head for somewhat cheap. Since there isn't a cab, what extension cab would you recommend? I would love to get one of the blue diamond re-issue cabs, but I understand they aren't being made anymore. Has anyone tried the ampeg b115e? Should I go with an avatar cab(2x12 neo)? Look forward to your opinions...

• Members

Originally posted by vooter

I have the oppurtunity to buy a b15n portaflex head for somewhat cheap. Since there isn't a cab, what extension cab would you recommend? I would love to get one of the blue diamond re-issue cabs, but I understand they aren't being made anymore. Has anyone tried the ampeg b115e? Should I go with an avatar cab(2x12 neo)? Look forward to your opinions...

I'd use a single 15. If you're patient B15 cabinets show up on ebay from time to time. Keep in mind B15s don't put out alot of power.

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

Buy the head. Keep your eyes peeled for a Portaflex cab or more recent Ampeg reissue blue diamond cab, or get an Avatar 1x12. At any rate, get the Portaflex. They're not loud, but they are THE standard for vintage, old-school Motown-style groove.

Indeed

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

Buy the head. Keep your eyes peeled for a Portaflex cab or more recent Ampeg reissue blue diamond cab, or get an Avatar 1x12. At any rate, get the Portaflex. They're not loud, but they are THE standard for vintage, old-school Motown-style groove.

Yeup.

• Members

Anyone else want to comment? I'm thinking of selling my guitar amp (hot rod deluxe) and getting this and two cabs (one guitar cab, one bass)and using it as both a bass amp and a guitar amp. Has anyone tried this with a guitar? Does it sound good?Unfortunatly, I can't try it out before buying it....

Archived