Hey Canadians(tell me about your country)

jonathan_matos5

• Members

would you please educate me on your fine country?

here is what i do know beer, oil, products from the maple tree are sent to America, and British Columbia is a awesome place to go on vacation. so from an American who owns a car , 2 basses with maple necks and drinks beer every once in a while it already seems like a cool place:thu: so what else do i need to know:confused:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That Alberta is home to 4string, James 5929, More Cowbell and that lady everybody loves Basschick9.

We have the fastest growing city in Canada, the two best Hockey teams, prairies, mountains, badlands, northern tundra, but most importantly we have Tim Hortons on every corner. :thu:

If your coming to Canada just book your flight to YYC (Calgary) and I can guarantee that you'll have a host of HCBF'ers to show you a good time.

edit: And as I always say, the beers is on me for visitors.

• Members

Originally posted by jonathan_matos5

im a hockey fan myself

PHI_161.gif

ive never been to a NHL game live though:(

I have been to a couple of Thunderbird games (not NHL, but WHL). The Seattle Thunderbirds might move to Kent in a couple of years. Which is really {censored}ing awesome, but they would have to build an arena in Kent, which would kind of suck (traffic and road construction is already bad in Kent). Alums that played for the Thunderbirds are Patrick Marleau, Chris Osgood, Barry Melrose, Petr Nedved, and others :)

• Members

Originally posted by 4string

You have not lived. I wish I had seasons tickets so I could take you....Hey, I do have seasons tickets, silly me I forgot.

I had Blackhawks season tickets last year. Worst money we've ever spent.

Figures since we declined this year, they are now unbeaten in the preseason :mad:

• Members

I was born and raised in Canada. At 12 we moved to maryland, ugh.. I love Canada, it is cleaner, the people are nicer, the beer is beer (not this American crap).. But you have to look at the other side, since I've been in the states they have heavily restricted gun ownership and the healthcare has taken a nose-dive like you wouldn't beleive.

They are the home to Yorkville and Garrison, so there are still some redeaming factors there....

I was at a Hockey game that the sports folks called 'The Air Canada Center's best game ever' and that was over 4 years ago and they haven't seen a better game, it was awesome! At least las Vegas has a lower-level team and we get to see some hockey action!

• Members

Originally posted by bassred

I was born and raised in Canada. At 12 we moved to maryland, ugh.. I love Canada, it is cleaner, the people are nicer, the beer is beer (not this American crap).. But you have to look at the other side, since I've been in the states they have heavily restricted gun ownership and the healthcare has taken a nose-dive like you wouldn't beleive.

action!

The gun ownership thing is a pain in the ass. I own both handguns and rifles and I am pissed that we don't have concealed carry permits.

• Members

Originally posted by 4string

The gun ownership thing is a pain in the ass. I own both handguns and rifles and I am pissed that we don't have concealed carry permits.

Okay I'm confused, why the hell do you need to carry a concealed handgun?

• Members

Originally posted by JeffFlowerday

You sure notice it when you come from a place like Miami or any major American city. It smells brand new here in Calgary never mind actually in the mountains.

i know what you are talking about. when i was in highschool the summer of my junior year my dad took me and the family camping in british columbia. before we went up there we visited family in philadelphia we were supprised at how fresh the air was in vancouver especially for a city of its size. then again philly is a particularly smelly city due to all of the oil refineries and other factories.

Archived