Hey Texas Bass players! Do you need a paid gig next week? Urgent!

Rodney Gene

• Members

Originally posted by Melville

Isn't Amarillo closer to 4 or 5 other state's capitol than it is to Austin?

I remember hearing that once, but never really knew if it was true. Believable though.

Yes. Lubbock is about 5+ hours from Austin, and 8 1/2 ish from Houston.

Amarillo is even worse.

• Members

I've done the Austin-Lubbock drive before. It took slightly less than 7 hours.

Wow, must've gone the long way. :)

Going between 75-80 the whole time, I'd make it from Temple (more often than not where I"d leave from, as I went to school there!), and it'd be around 4:45 depending on traffic or a slow-ass truck in the 10-15 miles of no-passing ability zones.

• Members

Originally posted by RockStarBassist

Wow, must've gone the long way.
:)
Going between 75-80 the whole time, I'd make it from Temple (more often than not where I"d leave from, as I went to school there!), and it'd be around 4:45 depending on traffic or a slow-ass truck in the 10-15 miles of no-passing ability zones.

I took a way that let me pass pretty close to my old hometown so that I could see some of my family. 71 out of Austin till it hit 87 in Brady, then that all the way up to Lubbock.

Probably not the fastest route.

• Members

I took a way that let me pass pretty close to my old hometown so that I could see some of my family. 71 out of Austin till it hit 87 in Brady, then that all the way up to Lubbock.

Probably not the fastest route.

Yeah, doesn't sound too familiar. I haven't driven up there in so long, I kinda forget how I went. Think it was 36 to Abilene, then I-25 to W84, and that to LBK.

• Members

{censored} for $1000 a week I might just fly out there. ;)

I have nothing constructive to contribute but I wish you luck with it, sounds like a good opportunity for someone. My bands might get upset if I fail to show up for our gigs around that time though so I suppose I'm off the list.

Archived