anyone familiar with the ampeg br2 head?

Chief Ten Beers

• Members

I've had one for about 10 years. Nice little amp.

They go for $250-$300 used all day long on the internet, maybe a little more for the exceptional condition ones.

I have an older black/blue/white one. Works great. Might could use a little more power but c'mon, it's $250 used.

It was my first amp after my tube amp blew up when I was 17, and it's done me well for years. I still break it out frequently, especially for practice.

• Members

:(

Why did I have to sell mine a week early? I had one last week up for sale that I've loved, but upgraded to a B4R...I settled for Guitar Center's $150...:( Well, to say about it though, I love it. It's not an Ampeg toned amp though, much more sterile and more transparent. Great though for the money.

• Members

I use a B2-R at the rehearsal room my band uses. I have to say, I'm really amazed at the lack of power. I pretty much have to run the master full-on, and t get any decent volume, I'm driving the limit (or clip, or whatever tehy call it) light all-on.... With moderate rehearsal levels.... I brought in my BM200 combo (yorkville) because I was getting afraid that my rig wouldn't cut it for our upcoming gig... My little 200 watt combo blew that thing out of the water.. I had my amp on '5' withno drastic EQ boosts, and it was almost too loud.

that's just my experience, I don't normallly play in really loud settings, but having to ave everything cranked is not the way to go. I'm going to be looking for a GBE 600 (Genz-Benz) in a few months.. I won't even consider the B2R in mysearch for my next amp, that's my choice.

• 13 years later...

Archived