rockbass corvette standerd

zesty brick

• Members

have a look at the gear reviews here

other than that, i was looking at them at one stage. they play like a good ibanez soundgear, can sound fairly similar too. they are almost nothing like a REAL warwick though. I'd suggest finding one in your area and having a fiddle around on it...

mate of mine owns one, says its not too bad. check his band out here for an idea, he plays it through an SWR head an 410 Goliath cab

• Members

Warwick corvette uses same electronics as the rockbass. Main diff that gives sound diff is woods used. Warwick uses bubinga body, ovangkol neck and wenge fretboard. Rockbass uses alder body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Thus rockbass sounds closer to other basses useing alder, maple & rosewood. Rockbassses build qaulity is up there with others in its price range imo. Is good bass that cant sound like the reg warwick due to woods used. Rockbass also weighs good deal less. Bubinga is heavy wood moreso then maple.

• Members

I actually just got my hand on a fretless 5er (Rockbass Corvette Basic...), and I'm quite happy with it so far...

Finish is good, setup was decent right out of the box, the Warwick stainless strings are decent (although I changed them for halfrounds...)

All is all a decent bass, just be aware that for a few hundred more, you could get your hands on a "real" Warwick covette, with better wood and hardware...

All in all a good buy...

:)

Archived