New mim Jazz bass pickups?

Narcosynthesis

• Members

Thinking about upgrading the pickups in my mim jazz, but have the problem that both routs are the same size, not one larger than the other like jazz bass' usually have

is there anyone that does replacement pickups to fit? I don't really want to have to modify the bass so something to fit would be much preferred...

David

• Members

I put DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pups in mine. If you use 2 neck pups, they fit fine. Or just use a dremel tool to take out about 1/8" of wood on either end of the bridge pup. It was easy on mine, as the bass is black, so it was easy to cover up the routing with black enamel. sunburst of some other color would be more difficult. But yeah, neck sized pups work fine.

• Members

Originally posted by Ender_rpm

I put DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pups in mine. If you use 2 neck pups, they fit fine. Or just use a dremel tool to take out about 1/8" of wood on either end of the bridge pup. It was easy on mine, as the bass is black, so it was easy to cover up the routing with black enamel. sunburst of some other color would be more difficult. But yeah, neck sized pups work fine.

See that sunburst colour you meantioned as being hard to cover ;)

Would Fender do any replacements to fit? I know they sell aftermarket pickups at least...

David

Archived