good cheap five string

zesty brick

• Members

I like how the Schecter five string basses play, I had one for a couple of years and actually just sold it a few weeks ago. You can go play them at any GC and then go shop for one on ebay and you can usualy find some great deals.

• Members

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Edge-09-5String-Bass?sku=512905

Dean makes a pretty good "cheap" 5 string. Just remember, in all things you generally get what you pay for. If you can, save up some extra and get something a bit better otherwise you'll just end up selling your cheap bass later(at a loss) to get a better bass so might as well get something better now and not loose money later.

• Members

Originally posted by zesty brick

i played a five string at the store the other day, and now i have major GAS for a fiver, i have a ampeg B-100R on the way and i can ask for one in march (B-day), so, any suggestions to what i should be looking at?

What you should be looking at something that will be able to reproduce your low B.

• Members

Originally posted by bassman1956

Would you be interested in this Aria?

I can tell you L-1329
LOVES
it, and it's one of mine responsible for giving him gasss.

We can talk...

Yep. And as a Schecter Elite 5 owner as well, that Aria is a better value than the Schecter. The Scecter is a better made bass, but not near the bang for the buck as the Aria. And, the Aria has got that fat P/J sound stock. Great little bass there...:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by lumpy555

peeler music in toledo has a mint peavey grind bass, on consignment, the export, only 399.95. 419 385 0009, ask for lyle or bob peeler,tell em BIG MIKE sent ya...

Hmm, yeah, I'd hit up ZZsounds first before Peeler...just because of the case...now, if it were the older model that had the P/J and 3 band EQ...that's a different story...I look for one on the 'bay all the time...just to rip out the EQ for mine...heh...

Archived