Booked a $$ gig!!!

Thunderbroom

• Members

We just got a booking this Summer to play 90 minutes at an outdoor festival in the western Chicago suburbs for $1200.

:eek:

Chump change to many of you I'm sure, but this is really awesome to us.

Sweet!!!

TBH we usually play for free lol!

• Members

:thu:

Any gig that covers expenses and leaves some money in your pocket is a good gig IMO.

Agreed - although I generally get a minimum of $50 plus expenses and drinks, or I don't play it unless there's a good reason to... Usually $100 to $200 per man is the norm, with *some* places paying a bit better than that...

- georgestrings

• Members

Try that with 7 (or 8 when we have to pay the soundguy) people. I guess there are some benefits to playing in a power trio!

:D

We'll be playing through a large professionally-run PA for this gig as this is an outdoor festival. Even our regular bar gigs are professionally-run as we have our own sound guy that we use if we have to provide the PA.

While I prefer the red one, the black one is equally sexy.

4-5 is the limit in any band I'm in - for the $$$ reason, and that I really don't want more than 1 guitar if I can help it - besides the added complications of large bands(conflicting schedules and personalities, stage limitations, etc...)... My main band is guitar, bass, drums, and a vocalist - and *if* I get a little better at fronting and playing bass, I *might* consider a trio...

But hey, to each his or her own...

- georgestrings

• Members

4-5 is the limit in any band I'm in - for the $$$ reason, and that I really don't want more than 1 guitar if I can help it - besides the added complications of large bands(conflicting schedules and personalities, stage limitations, etc...)... My main band is guitar, bass, drums, and a vocalist - and *if* I get a little better at fronting and playing bass, I *might* consider a trio...

But hey, to each his or her own...

- georgestrings

Despite the thread title, I don't play because I want/need money. I, along with my bandmates, are all gainfully employed and do this for fun; however, we won't play for free because we don't want to cut into bands that do play as a second job.

• Members

Despite the thread title, I don't play because I want/need money. I, along with my bandmates, are all gainfully employed and do this for fun; however, we won't play for free because we don't want to cut into bands that do play as a second job.

Understood - and although I've done a few freebies, I usually expect a guaranteed minimum - whether I'm flush with cash or not... Also, it isn't just money that keeps "my" bands small - I prefer it that way for alot of reasons, as I've already stated...

It's considerate of you to make an effort not to undercut other bands that might not have the separate income of your situation - not everyone thinks in those terms...

- georgestrings

Archived