whats a good slap bass for around 700$

zesty brick

• Members
  • Members

With some searching, you might find a Stingray used at that price, or easily an SUB for under that price.

Cort's GB-94 is a really excellent slap machine.

+1 MM Stringray and Fender Jazz set the standard by which all others are judged! ;)

• Members

Fender Jazz.

G&L 2000

Stingray

Euro Spector

Fender Custom Shop Kubicki Ex-Factor

Washburn Status

Aria Pro II SB1000

Fender Pbass if you got enough funk

BC Rich Heritage Classic Mockinbird

P-bass, the seemingly forgotten slap bass. I like the mellow sound of a slapped P-bass.

• Members

:love:

:eek:
where? how? who did you have to sleep with for that price?

My sister bought it used from Guitar Center for something like 750 with a HSC. After she decided that she wasn't playing much anymore and wanted the money for other things, I talked her down to $650. It has a few minor cosmetic blemishes on the body and neck is well played, although that's really better than a new off the blocks neck IMO.

I've seen them go for as low as that used on ebay with a few cosmetic flaws, but sniping is necessary.

:edit:

I slept with BOALG's mom. :D:thu:

• Members

My sister bought it used from Guitar Center for something like 750 with a HSC. After she decided that she wasn't playing much anymore and wanted the money for other things, I talked her down to $650. It has a few minor cosmetic blemishes on the body and neck is well played, although that's really better than a new off the blocks neck IMO.

I've seen them go for as low as that used on ebay with a few cosmetic flaws, but sniping is necessary.

:edit:

I slept with BOALG's mom.
:D:thu:

To answer Jonathan_matos5's question. INCEST. :D

• Members

The active Peavey basses are also excellent slappers. Things like the Millenium AC BXP, and the Cirrus BXP. With some luck, you may be able to find a USA Cirrus for under $700, but don't expect a flawless bass!

A Lakland Skyline might do the trick as well, especially a 44-02. You'd have to get that used to get it for under $700. The 44-01 is also nice but the twin soapbars may not be the slap sound you are looking for.

Archived