Filling in for a band this week.

Fireball_73

• Members

They have a very short notice gig, and the bassist, who just started to learn a few months ago decided to say "Either don't play the gig or I quit". Which was suprising, because he is a really nice guy and myself and another bassist also gave him solid starting lessons and the band have been rehersing for months now.

So I got the call up just before my music exam today.

Audioslave - Cochise

Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box

U2 - Vertigo

and one of their own which they will teach me at the rehersal on friday. All simple enough.

Oh and I have a nice big monster rig to use for rehersal (drummer's dad's) :D

The gig is Thursday night, just a valentines thing put on by my school. I was going to be doing a solo spot anyway *just the fretless and I* but I get to do this too! :thu:

• Members

Don't know what the monster rig is yet. Apparently it's a big name, but the guitards can't remember what it is. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Saves me carrying/taking around the night before my "wee" Ashdown. It only has one handle and weighs 25kg! :mad:

*Goes to run away and check heart shaped box* - detuning ain't a problem.

• Members

Yep C#.

The teacher thats organising it has been playing bass for decades. He has a old peavey head and a battered Selmer cab.

957780759a2783021670b896521371l.jpg

My Ashdown could handle the gig no bother, but I think it will probably be a Laney R4, 4x10 and 1x15 stack. It sounds pretty good. All the bands will use the same amps as A) we are teenagers and most can't afford gig amps B) it's too much hassle to switch between them.

Not sure if they are playing but there is a possibility of a Mesa Boogie - walkabout scout combo! :thu:

Archived