Can't cut'n'paste

bassman1956

• Members

Okay, one of my problems with the new HCBF format that was never an issue with the old HCBF format:

Cut and paste

Used to be, see something you want to include in a post, right-click-copy, and then right-click-paste.

Now, I can't find a way to do that, save retype every blessed word.

Is there an easier way? Am I missing something? Or is cut'n'paste really gone?

:confused:

• Members

Are you an AMA member?

Yes? Cool. No? Click HERE! Ampd Mobile AMA Supercross Series

Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA

February 3, 2007

Supercross

Pre-qualifier group 4 results

Pos. No. Rider name Bike Best time Best lap 2nd best time 2nd best lap

1. 7 James M Stewart Kawasaki KX450F 0:56.873 12 0:56.937 8

2. 22 Chad Reed Yamaha YZ450F 0:57.448 11 0:57.992 8

3. 15 Timmy M Ferry Kawasaki KX450F 0:58.329 10 0:59.144 8

4. 9 Ivan Tedesco Suzuki RM-Z450 0:59.023 5 0:59.705 6

5. 14 Kevin W Windham Honda CRF450R 0:59.218 11 0:59.758 5

6. 12 David Vuillemin Honda CRF450R 0:59.446 2 0:59.916 9

7. 26 Michael Byrne Suzuki RM-Z450 0:59.489 10 0:59.949 3

8. 27 Nicholas A Wey Honda CRF450R 0:59.709 10 0:59.802 5

9. 25 Nathan Ramsey Yamaha YZ450F 1:00.057 10 1:00.140 11

10. 37 Paul P Carpenter Kawasaki KX450F 1:00.233 3 1:00.497 8

11. 36 Joshua Summey Honda CRF450R 1:00.353 3 1:00.881 4

12. 11 Travis A Preston Honda CRF450R 1:00.357 10 1:00.985 4

13. 13 Heath D Voss Honda CRF450R 1:00.451 4 1:00.629 5

14. 90 Cole T Siebler Honda CRF450R 1:00.889 10 1:01.743 12

15. 40 Jeff Gibson Kawasaki KX450F 1:01.245 12 1:01.993 7

16. 53 Tyler Evans Suzuki RM-Z450 1:01.300 3 1:02.943 2

17. 921 Manuel Rivas Kawasaki KX450F 1:01.374 11 1:01.886 7

18. 917 Eric Sorby Kawasaki KX450F 1:02.369 8 1:02.541 6

19. 43 Jeff Dement Yamaha YZ450F 1:03.325 9 1:05.450 3

• Members

Well, I can ctrl-V and paste it in, I just discovered. At least, under some circumstances. And apparently, it's also available thru the edit menu up on the top command bar. But a right-click to paste gives me browser page only commands, not edit commands. Just about any place else, including the old HCBF format, right-click would give me the edit commands, and I could paste from there.

Oh well. At least I've learned a bit more of the new HCBF.

• Members

Yeah, well, I didn't have these issues before the swap.

Does your head ever hurt from such a big ego?

:D

Ego?

coffee.gif

Several people have already said it's likely on your end (each of the times you've started a thread about your new issues)...I'm just echoing them...

Seriously though, when you're the only one having issues, how can you reason that it's something wrong on HCBF's end? dunno.gif...

You having issues with their code is not the same as their code having issues...

• Members

Ego?

coffee.gif

Several people have already said it's likely on your end (each of the times you've started a thread about your new issues)...I'm just echoing them...

Seriously though, when you're the only one having issues, how can you reason that it's something wrong on HCBF's end?
dunno.gif

You having issues with their code is not the same as their code having issues...

And when are you going to grow up enough that you no longer need to publicly feast on the shortcomings of others?

Fact is, until a few posts ago, I did not know this was a local problem.

You're a little sissy that hides behind the power of your vocabulary and the anonimity of the web.

Fock off.

• Members

And when are you going to grow up enough that you no longer need to publicly feast on the shortcomings of others?

Fact is, until a few posts ago, I did not know this was a local problem.

You're a little sissy that hides behind the power of your vocabulary and the anonimity of the web.

Fock off.

:rolleyes:

You want my phone number and address? I'd be happy to provide them...

I wasn't "publicly feasting on your shortcomings"...But you've made several of these threads, and in each thread people have said "I'm not having issues, it's likely on your end", and several people have offered suggestions on how you might fix them...

You keep ignoring those people, and saying "HCBF has this problem"...

Sorry if I find it somewhat amusing when someone ignores advice and then continues to say "I'm having problems"...

• Members

:rolleyes:

You want my phone number and address? I'd be happy to provide them...

I wasn't "publicly feasting on your shortcomings"...But you've made several of these threads, and in each thread people have said "I'm not having issues, it's likely on your end", and several people have offered suggestions on how you might fix them...

Sorry if I find it somewhat amusing when someone ignores advice and then continues to say "I'm having problems"...

And as normal, you're never at fault.

• Members

And as normal, you're never at fault.

And as normal, you're making general statements without any substance or support (raise your hand if you've been called "immature punk ass kid" by a moderator)...

However, let me rephrase my statement to Bassman (changes in italics)...

"I wasn't intending to "publicly feasting on your shortcomings", I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way, as I say, that wasn't my intent...

However, you've made several of these threads, and in each thread people have said "I'm not having issues, it's likely on your end", and several people have offered suggestions on how you might fix them...

That was the intent of my post, to lightheartedly (note the :D) point out that you may want to take some of that advice, and perhaps your problems might get fixed"

• Members

The problems I have at home, on a machine I am responsible for updating and maintaining, are easily reproduced on my machine at work, where I have no authority to do upgrades, as they are automated by the IT's at least once a week. The only common element is that I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 and Mozilla Suite both places. Mozilla Suite is not very different than Firefox. Both are used by numerous people on here. If I'm having problems, there's a good changce that someone on here has had similar problems, and would know what I could do about it.

We do the same kind of thing on here with bass gear, gigs and band issues, significant others, music theory, health issues, etc.

• Members

I can't right click and paste at work with IE or Mozilla. I can at home with both.

I just used the ctrl-V thing instead.

Anyhow, not a big deal. The search is back and the new format is growing on me.

Also, if not for King Kashue, people would consider me a condescending prick.

;)

• Members

If I'm having problems, there's a good changce that someone on here has had similar problems, and would know what I could do about it.

We do the same kind of thing on here with bass gear, gigs and band issues, significant others, music theory, health issues, etc.

And that wasn't what I was remarking on. You're absolutely right, that's one of the main uses of the forum.

What I was intending to point out is that in those threads, you were getting a lot of answers to indicate it is likely on your end, and several people suggesting fixes, but instead of taking the advice and seeing if it worked, you kept coming to the conclusion that "HCBF has a problem"...That was all I was trying to say...

As I said above, it wasn't my intent to rip on you, but merely to say "you keep asking for advice, but then ignoring the advice you're getting...might want to think about that"...

The problems I have at home, on a machine I am responsible for updating and maintaining, are easily reproduced on my machine at work, where I have no authority to do upgrades, as they are automated by the IT's at least once a week. The only common element is that I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 and Mozilla Suite both places. Mozilla Suite is not very different than Firefox. Both are used by numerous people on here.

Have you updated to Seamonkey 1.1? (Seamonkey is the new name of the Mozilla Suite)

And more generally, you refer to it as "Mozilla", is that what it says on your browser? If it does, then it's the old netscape gecko engine, not the FF engine, and is both rather different and rather old (the current browser/suite should be referring to itself as Seamonkey, not Mozilla)...

If that's the case, here's the Seamonkey 1.1 page, so you can update at home (and point your IT guy to it at work, if it's not Seamonkey there)...

• Members

In December, Mozilla site didn't have quite as much available on it yet, other than the last security upgrade for Suite, and a farewell song for it. Seamonkey's it's replacement, and brand-new, only out a couple weeks. Already have downloaded Seamonkey. Am going to run it a few days before I trust swapping over.

Archived