Whats the "upgrade" on the Standard P

Seeds

• CMS Author

Found one in my local shop and was really impressed. It played great, sounded fierce and was not very heavy. Sorry if this is old news but I never really considered this Bass before and was wandering whats new and upgraded on them.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0136100332

Looks like nothing was changed. If they consider different knobs an upgrade, well......okayyy.

• Members

But it'll sound better if you get some genuine, pre-CBS P-bass knobs. Time to hit up the eBay!

Not unless you have the pre-CBS pickguard screws along with them. You're just waisting your money without the screws. If you have them though, you're gold baby! :thu:

• Members

Says who? MIA P-bass in Butterscotch Blonde here. Love it, love it, love it.

I was just messin with ya... Actually the Butterscotch P was what I was looking for when I stumbled upon the Standard.The only thing I'm not sold on is the S-1 switch... had one on a Strat and hated the thing, although on a P there's a lot less fartin around to do with it (S-1).

• Members

I was just messin with ya... Actually the Butterscotch P was what I was looking for when I stumbled upon the Standard.The only thing I'm not sold on is the S-1 switch... had one on a Strat and hated the thing, although on a P there's a lot less fartin around to do with it (S-1).

my P has the S1 switch, I pretty much just ignore it. I guess it's handy if I want a thin crappy tone at any point though...

• CMS Author

Yeah, I simply don't use it. No loss, no problems.

Archived