Rock n' Roll as a Religion?

TN.Frank

• Members

Seems like one of the only constants in my life since age 14 has been Rock n' Roll. It's been there for me when "religion" has failed me. It was there to help get me thru when my wife left me for 6 months (Megadeth "Cryptic Writtings") and got me thru it. It's been there for my joys and my pains just like religion is suppose to do. I wonder, can Rock n' Roll BE a Religion? Seems like it has all the qualifications for one. :idea:

• Members

Are you saying you listened to Cryptic Writings for 6 months straight? Yikes!

Good album though. I think that was the only megadeth I bought.

Hey, you think that's bad, I listened to nothing buy Ozzy(Blizzard of Oz, Diary of a Mad Man, Bark at the Moon) for about 3 years straight. That's how I am generally, I'll have a band that's #1 on my "listen list" and that's about all I'll listen too. After Ozzy(Leave me alone, don't want your promises any more, 'cause Rock n' Roll is my Religion and my Law.") I listened to Iron Maiden pretty much 80% of the time, then I found Megadeth and listened to them most of the time. Now I'm into about everything, got to maintain a ballance, LOL. But there are still groups that I really love. Queensryche, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metalica(I forgive you for the Napster crap) and a few others that are like "scripture" to me.

I think the highest form of praise you can do toward "god" is to play almighty Rock n' Roll on the Bass(or other instrument of choice) because even when you have a bad day(like today) I can jam on my bass to Boneyard on XM for a couple hours and drink a few brews and feel like maybe, just maybe I'll survive for another day. Rock n' Roll has been there for me, it's cheered me up, it's made me stronger, it's all that I need. :thu:

Archived