An article by Presidential Candidate Ron Paul

1tallbassguy

• Members

The rebuilding Japan and Germany comparison doesn't really work here, because in both of those cases we pretty much left the governments intact. People still get upset about how many Nazi party members kept their jobs. The alternative is what we did in Iraq: Try to run an entire country from the outside.
The big drag to me is that the terrorist organizations thrive in the lack of government. It wasn't chance that they centered in Afganistan--after the Soviets left, there wasn't enough goverment to even monitor the banking systems. What the war in Iraq has done is create similiar situation on a much larger scale. The larger the region of anarchy we create, the worst our terrorist problem is going to become.
Bombs can't dislodge terrorists--you might as well claim that an air raid on Chicago and New York would have stopped the Mafia during prohibition.

• Members

Bombs can't dislodge terrorists--you might as well claim that an air raid on Chicago and New York would have stopped the Mafia during prohibition.

Bet. Give me as many bombs as this country has at its disposal and I'll dislodge a GRIP of terrorists.
Unless you wouldn't call sitting on a pile of rubble with your face half blown off "dislodged".:D
The only reason you can make this claim is because we weren't aggressive in killing a whole lot of people right from the get-go.
C7

Archived