Hofner Icon Bass

BeeTL

• Members

Could never find a comfortable playing position on those Beatle Basses.

I have an SX Jazz Bass and a Hofner 62RI. On the jazz b, it just feels natural to play finger style, but on the Hofner it is never comfortable. On the other hand, using a pick on the Hofner feels just right!

BTW, Detox, I'm drooling over your blonde deluxe Beatle Bass! Someday, someday......

• Members

Can't comment on the Hofner Icon, but as far as cheap beatle bass's go, I'm pretty happy w/ my Rogue VB100. For the price, I'd say I'm VERY happy w/ it.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if they came off the same production line.

So the concensus seems to be it's pretty good for pick style, but not for fingerstyle.

I'll have to see if I can try one locally once they start showing up in stores...

• Members

I wouldnt be at all surprised if they came off the same production line.

So the concensus seems to be it's pretty good for pick style, but not for fingerstyle.

I'll have to see if I can try one locally once they start showing up in stores...

I have two Hofner guitars that were made in China. The Rogue VB100s are made in Korea. I play mine with fingers.

• Members

I have an SX Jazz Bass and a Hofner 62RI. On the jazz b, it just feels natural to play finger style, but on the Hofner it is never comfortable. On the other hand, using a pick on the Hofner feels just right!

BTW, Detox, I'm drooling over your blonde deluxe Beatle Bass! Someday, someday......

Yeah am a finger player, the pick and I are okay friends, we need to know each other better. Big Sir Paul fan and Wings 4getaboutit. The Hofner never seemed meaty enuff.

• Members

They're cool, but try it before you buy it! The 5000/1s have much thicker necks, due to their being one piece. Quite a difference from the 500/1 necks. For me it's just right, but may not be for everyone.

Archived