Boss ME50B EQ--WHY?

G-Bass-Austin

• Members

I dont want a bunch of stomp boxes on the floor and I really like my Boss ME50B except for one thing. I hate that there is built in EQ that apparently cannot be bypassed. It is one extra thing in the chain and I like to keep things simple. Is there a way to bypass it that anyone knows of? If not, anyone have any good experience with any of the other multi-effects units that compare in quality and build?:confused: :confused: :confused:

• CMS Author

Me too. I've tested with and without the ME-50B in the chain, and found no discernable contrast in tone with the EQ flat.

I've got the big brother...the GT-6B, and it's the same....set flat, it sounds the same as when the unit is bypassed, and bypassed it sounds the same as when it's not in the signal chain.

Move on, nothing to see here folks....

• Members

In my experience, when you put a signal thru a piece of gear like that there's signal loss even when bypassed.

In this case the bass signal still goes thru circuitry(typically cheap), therefore I believe him when he says he thinks he's hearing signal degradation.

With that said, rest assured, the audience won't hear it.

Archived