STOLEN GEAR ALERT IN SALT LAKE CITY

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

The bassist from royal bliss has had his upright bass stolen. I know there are only a couple of guys here from this area, but please keep an eye out for it. These guys are friends of mine and them and I would appreciate any help

This is copied from the myspace bulletin they posted.

ROYAL BLISS

Date: Feb 26, 2007 8:28 PM
Subject tommy's bass
Body: Hello all my friends,

This is tommy, the bass player for royal bliss. I have some very bad news.. personally devastating news. My upright bass was stolen yesterday.

I don't think I can really convey the weight of this loss in a bulletin. I think my heart might stop beating soon....

This bass is virtually my only posession, besides a couple of dirty articles of clothing, and a little bass amp.

But it doesn't feel like a lost a posession. It feels like I've lost a lover. I'd spent so much time with her in my arms. I'd given her so much love and energy, and she always responded. She actually loved me back.

I post this bulletin to ask you all, particularly those in greater Salt Lake, to keep your eyes and ears open. This bass is very old. It has a repaired crack running from the base up to the right f-hole. The fingerboard has some extra color in it at spots, as opposed to being just dark brown. The body is a light brown color, and it has no gloss in its finish. It has some roughness to its edges, on account of it being so old. It is truly one of a kind.

I am offering a $500 cash reward to whoever can get it back to me. This rate is comparable to what any pawn shop would offer. This bass means a great deal to me, but it really isn't worth a fortune.

If I am reunited with my bass, I can assure you, there will be no questions asked, no judgements passed, & no charges pressed. I am not looking for vengence. The truth is, I will feel forever indebted to anyone with any info regarding the wherabouts of my sweet Ella (that's her name). I assure you all, she'd be better off with me than anywhere else anyway.

I continue to hope and pray for a reunion. I ask you all to do the same.

muchlove, and thank you for all the support,

Tommy

If you know where my bass is, don't hesitate to call (801) 599-1540 or e-mail quananda@yahoo.com

I don't mean to sound maudlin, but without my bass, I am nothing.

Archived