hows this for a portable rig?

zesty brick

• Members

not a statment, a question, how good would this rig be?

i have this (avatar 112)

sb112.jpg

and this (avatar 210)

b210lite.jpg

and this (gallienkrueger 1001rb)

266554.jpg

I dunno about theCabs but THE GK would be an awesome amp Nice and powerful

I think it is 700 + watts

a buddy of mine has one of those in his rack but I see where it would be very portable unit outside of a rack. you are looking at about a dollar per watt.

are you going to be gigging pretty big Venue with this setup?

• Members

a buddy of mine has one of those in his rack but I see where it would be very portable unit outside of a rack you are looking at about a dollar per amp though

are you going to be gigging pretty big Venue with this setup?[/quote

no, i am just a curious guy, i thought of this setup while on avatars website and decided to go ahead and ask about it, i dont even do that much gigging

• Members

a buddy of mine has one of those in his rack but I see where it would be very portable unit outside of a rack you are looking at about a dollar per amp though

are you going to be gigging pretty big Venue with this setup?[/quote

no, i am just a curious guy, i thought of this setup while on avatars website and decided to go ahead and ask about it, i dont even do that much gigging

I woud say with this rig it will be more than plenty for what you need it for

you should not need to buy another Head. that head would accomidate those 2 cabs plus an 8X10 No problem.

If you are only going to use it for practice and light gigging it is probably way overkill

• Members

Whats wrong with GK Backline:confused:

It's GK's budget line. The speakers sound hollow and papery, the head can't keep up with anything lower than a low E, and they sound nothing like GK's actual line. While trying out amps, my Warwick nearly blew a Backline combo up at the local GC.

I think if you drop the 100rb to at least the 700rbII, you'll be fine. You won't have as much headroom as you would with the first option, but you won't have to keep the 12db pad on either. I use a GK 700rbII and an Aguilar 1x12 (so it's similiar to your setup listed) and have no problems being heard at all.

• Members

It's GK's budget line. The speakers sound hollow and papery, the head can't keep up with anything lower than a low E, and they sound nothing like GK's actual line. While trying out amps, my Warwick nearly blew a Backline combo up at the local GC.

I think if you drop the 100rb to at least the 700rbII, you'll be fine. You won't have as much headroom as you would with the first option, but you won't have to keep the 12db pad on either. I use a GK 700rbII and an Aguilar 1x12 (so it's similiar to your setup listed) and have no problems being heard at all.

Ya I know it is GK budget line and is a good setup for its intended use.

I would have to agree that some of the GK Backline speakers do sound a bit papery as you put it but the 15s sound pretty good and sound even better with 2 115 cabs.

I dont actually own the GK halfstack but I have played thru one and it sounded pretty good that is why i mentioned it.

I have to be budget minded therefore I was offering a less expensive alternatives....

but there again zesty brick never mentioned that money was an object so I would say his original choice was a darn good one:thu:

Archived