Super_Donut_Man

• Members

Yet another movie that I want to see. I hated the comic but the movie does look pretty badass

From what I've read, it's pretty faithful to the comic. They use it almost like a storyboard...

EDIT: Haven't seen the movie yet, btw. Just read the comic. Didn't think it was too bad.

• Members

From what I've read, it's pretty faithful to the comic. They use it almost like a storyboard...

EDIT: Haven't seen the movie yet, btw. Just read the comic. Didn't think it was too bad.

Frank Miller was always on of my favorite comic book writers and artists growing up. I mean Dark knight returns just ownes everything. But the thing that always annoyed me (and this was when he started Sin city) was the huge splash pages. You could read through one of his comics in like 2 minutes. I stopped picking them up because it wasn't worth the $3.50.

• Members

Frank Miller was always on of my favorite comic book writers and artists growing up. I mean Dark knight returns just ownes everything. But the thing that always annoyed me (and this was when he started Sin city) was the huge splash pages. You could read through one of his comics in like 2 minutes. I stopped picking them up because it wasn't worth the $3.50.

I read the Sin City series (and 300) in Borders. Definitely worth the time it takes to read, not worth the $20 price tag.

• Members

My bandmates and me saw it on Saturday after rehearsal. Great movie. I loved the look, and the battle scenes were very cool. I had never read the graphic novel, so I can't compare the two, but at the very least it seems that Frank Miller did include a good deal of the historical bits of the story, the Spartans wit for example.

As a slight side note, a trailer for Spider-Man 3 was attached to 300. That looks to be a action packed movie, and it comes out May 4th.

• Members

Ah, Dark Knight Returns. That was a great mini-series. Jeez, that was 20 years ago. I'm feeling old now!

• Members

From what I've been hearing the middle two thirds of the movie are basically just awesome action scenes. Basically it goes something like this. Opening 15 minutes = talking...rest of movie = people getting killed. Oh and for the ladies apparently there are lots of naked guys so feel free to take your significant other of choice. :D

Archived