All you Ibanez lovers out there!

dragon9666

• Members
  • Members

Check these badboys out!!!!!!!!
:love:

So is there a reason Ibanez stopped making these basses?

Well, the word 'Lawsuit' comes to mind with four of 'em. :p

The Musician and Roadstar are great original designs. The '80s really were the golden age of MIJ basses. :love:

• Members

Got ya!
;)
Still, Does Fender have a lock on the P and Jazz basses? Of course not.

So why all the rest?

Just curious.................

I wondered the same thing. I bet that ibanez tbird was better than the real thing.

• Members

Got ya!
;)
Still, Does Fender have a lock on the P and Jazz basses? Of course not.

So why all the rest?

Just curious.................

The '70s and '80s were when Japanese makers really started coming into their own. Overall quality, fit and finish were at least as good as on American instruments. I think the threat of legal action spurred them to develop original designs.

Mmm...let's see...Aria Pro II...Ibanez Musician, Roadstar and Iceman basses (and Artist guitars)...Daion...there were some truly outstanding original designs.

If I recall properly, Fender USA approached Japanese makers in the early '80s to produce basses and guitars to jump-start the company. MIA Fenders were expensive and the quality was dodgy in many cases, and Fender was losing market share by the minute.

The MIJ lawsuit instruments on the other hand were very well-made, and in many cases were closer to the original Fenders from the '50s and '60s than what was being made in the USA at the time.

Archived