Poll: Thumper's next hoopty...

Thumper

• Members

So I'm looking at getting a new bass by the end of April. The keys/guitarist in my geezer band just got an Epiphone Sheraton, the guitarist just got a Vox AC30 head, and the drummer just added a midi-something-or-other to his kit. I need to step up and get a new bass so I don't come across as a milquetoast. :D

So, what's it gonna be:

EpiJC.jpg

ATK.jpg

51P.jpg

As I mentioned, we play geezer rock: Smithereens, Cream, Bad Finger, Tom Petty, Cheap Trick, a lot of '70s guitar rawk, etc.

Your comments are solicited...

• Members

I'd hit the P in a second if I didn't already have three Fenders ('62 Jazz reissue, '79 Franken-P/J and a '90s MIJ AE fretless P).

I like the Epi, and I need to get a hollowbody to replace the Harmony H-22 I just sold off. It was my first bass and I'd had it since 1977, but I haven't played it in years, and I'd rather see it in a player's hands than gathering dust in the corner.

I've always liked the ATK. I know it's the wild card of the lot, but there it is.

• Members

I like the look of the Epi, but I'd want more than the one pickup...the vintage P is nice, although again, I'd add a bridge p/up ...I'll vote the P

There's a ton of sounds in that single-pickup Casady... I had a black one that I'll always regret selling...

I have the '51 RI, and it has quickly risen to be my first-choice axe... I bought it because it looked cool, (I've always dug the look), and played nice, but it's just a flat-out great bass...

I wish I had known that your H-22 was on the block :(

-robert

Archived