New Bears record EUREKA

bnyswonger

• Members

• Members

For those who might care, here is a brief sampler from the new cd.
:cool:

http://dots-fans.googlegroups.com/web/bears_eureka_tease.mp3?gda=xih540cAAABtuVpoCfJNYKMLULT6-cjVhi1Vzg5kfdK0q5gs5g67amG1qiJ7UbTIup-M2XPURDQGuj1owuV_DjIt_lRxxUD67L595v1qFzZwqDOxrNKO4A&hl=en

If you want it - go here.

www.thebearsmusic.com

I have to admit - first time I read one of your posts, I thought, "No, it can't be THAT The Bears!" Nice to virtually meet you, sir. :) In addition to being a recovering guitarist, I'm also a recovering Champaign, IL resident. All the best to you and please send good vibes and respect Adrian's way - he was absolutely and unquestioningly one of the musicians that encouraged me to put down the synths and start learning guitar 20-odd years ago.

I'll definitely check out the new record; always interesting to hear stuff from incredibly talented musicians that are just that far off the beaten path. :)

• Members

I have to admit - first time I read one of your posts, I thought, "No, it can't be THAT The Bears!" Nice to virtually meet you, sir.
:)
In addition to being a recovering guitarist, I'm also a recovering Champaign, IL resident. All the best to you and please send good vibes and respect Adrian's way - he was absolutely and unquestioningly one of the musicians that encouraged me to put down the synths and start learning guitar 20-odd years ago.

I'll definitely check out the new record; always interesting to hear stuff from incredibly talented musicians that are just that far off the beaten path.
:)

Nice to meet you too. I spent a lot of time in Champaign/Urbana - that's where we put the band together. All the writing and rehearsal...etc. Played at Mables a few times too.

• Members

Congratulations!

Will you be heading east?

I'm sad to say not right now....we're just doing 8 midwest dates right now. If the record generates some interest, we'll do somethingmore extensive. Hopefully. I really want to play the east & west coasts and hell, even Texas. :lol:

• Members

Nice to meet you too. I spent a lot of time in Champaign/Urbana - that's where we put the band together. All the writing and rehearsal...etc. Played at Mables a few times too.

We probably have mutual friends from that scene - Mark Smart, jazz guitarist extraordinaire and Chapman Stick guy (in addition to being one of the few guys that can actually fix Arp synths) and Mike Novak, guitar tech extraordinaire - and of course all the folks at Pro Sound (Jeff Gibbons and others) and CV Lloyd's.

Mables, sadly, is no more. The venues left that I enjoyed were the Highdive, Jupiter's and the Canopy Club. The Blind Pig got bought out by retired cops and then sold a few years ago and is back to being a rock venue again, owned by the Highdive folks and called Cowboy Monkey.

I'm finally starting to work my way into the scene out here in the desert and so far the outlook is good - I'd love to see you guys if this tour puts you anywhere near Phoenix.

Archived