Other Thread Has Me Thinking...

ezstep

• Members

...and that's not good!

Have you ever heard someone play through your rig? Last weekend, when we got down for a break, another group got up, and I told him to adjust whatever he wanted to tweak - no problem.

I use an SWR Silverado Special on top of a BagEnd S15B-D (not the cube - longer!). Holy Crap! It sounded great. As I listened to the guy, I realized that I would not tweak anything. Plenty of highs and presence, very good mids, and very good lows. Good projection, too. I wouldn't change a thing, so no GAS for me.

Anyone else ever had this experience, where you actually got to listen and analyze your own rig from a distance?

• Members

I have a really long lead:p

That's not the same though. ;) I always go out front 25' to sound check the band, but the other week I asked my guitardist to play the bass for a few minutes. It really does sound different when you are just listening to your rig and not playing it. I enjoyed the sound of my rig from the perspective of the audience. :cool:

• Members

The first time out with my Avatars a band that I was in hosted a benefit. There were a ton of other bands there and all of them played through my new Avatar rig. When I first got off the stage and stood back to listen, I was amazed at how huge it sounded. It was tight, clean and punchy -- I was really, really impressed.

• Members

I've had guys (brave guys) sit in on my fender fretless and gone back to back of the room to listen - great bass sound through only the stage rig. There's something about 2 15"s. It's totally fat and punchy with no annoying overtones.

Archived